Chapter 10: Wolf Guru

Carson's POV

I kept thinking about what Gabrielle said about me never holding CJ. She thought that I did not care about my responsibilities as a father and a mate; I most certainly do. It's just that I was terrified of fucking things up. Everything I touched gets fucked up somehow. When Cleo was a newborn pup, I snuck in the nursery and picked her up after my mother specifically told me not to do so. She was so tiny and beautiful. My clumsy, stupid ass dropped baby Cleo; her wails woke up our parents. My mom gave me an ass whooping and let's just say I never held a baby since.

"We are older now, Carson. CJ needs to bond with his father. We need to bathe him."

I knew Jinx was right. We werewolves have to give our pups a special tongue bath so that our scents will be forever with them.

My son will be the future beta of this pack, so I needed to give him his bathe before he reached 8 days old.

"Jinx, how the fuck am I supposed to do that if I can't even hold him? Gabz is furious at me. She thinks that I take my role as a father for a joke."

Jinx sighed, "Carson do you love Gabrielle?"

"What kind of question is that? Of course, I fucking do, with every beat of my heart."

"And do you love, Carson Junior?"

"I do, I love him more than life itself."

"So it's safe to say that you won't let anything happen to either of them... you will never let them hurt and you will catch them if they fall?"

"Yes, as long as I breathe, I will never let anything happen to them, " I smiled and I felt contented.

"So what the fuck are you waiting for? Let's go hold our son."

"Jinx, buddy?"

"Yes, Carson?"

"You should do this shit for a living, " I told him honestly.

"Do what for a living?" He asked.

"Jinx, you're like a wolf guru. You always know exactly what to do and say. You're always giving the guys excellent advice, we should start charging them because you're just simply the best, " I applauded.

"I see what you mean. But remember I am the beta of this pack. Giving advice is what I do. My wisdom comes from our Alpha's strength and it is growing because I can feel Alpha becoming stronger... Don't you feel it, Carson?"

I felt it. Ever since Alpha's mating ceremony, I have been feeling an immense amount of power radiating from both Alpha and Luna. It had also started to affect the other pack members and I knew they felt it too. "I feel it, Jinx. So the Alpha's growing strength is making our abilities stronger?"

"Yes it is and it feels phenomenal."

"True. Now let's go hold our son, " I beamed as I took a u-turn to my quarters.

Gabrielle's POV

"Calm down, Gabz. You're gonna blow a fuse, " Haze warned me, but I was too furious to let go of my anger towards Carson.

"Haze, you don't fucking know what I am going through. Carson does not help me at all with CJ, " I sipped on my energy drink.

"Gabz, what are you doing? You can not drink that while you're breastfeeding, " she finished getting dressed and snatched the drink from my hand. "This is bad for the baby. Gabz what were you thinking?" She scolded.