Chapter 14: Don't do Anything Bad

Start from the beginning

However, it was beautifully illustrated. Shun didn't know much about art, but he remembered being shown an art collection by a colleague, and these illustrations reminded him of Mucha(3).

   3. I believe it's referring to Alphonse Mucha here, a Czech painter and illustrator. I'll throw something of his down at the bottom. His art is very detailed and pretty, perfect for old, illustrated fairytales if you're familiar with those.

The wolves were drawn with graceful curves and were noble enough to be Genesis gods. Even the ugly werewolf could be considered beautiful because of its awe-inspiring appearance.

Shun slowly turned the pages and stopped on the page where the prince went to subdue the werewolf. His eyes were particularly heroic.

Shun felt like he looked like Craig.

He stopped his hand from stroking the soft hair. What on Earth are you doing? Shun turned red at his own thoughts.

"No, nothing!"

It was true that Craig was by far the coolest guy he'd ever met and he was neat and as beautiful as the Fibonacci sequence.

However, he couldn't accept this thought. Shun cried out in the living room, hurriedly standing up to put the book back onto the shelf.

The next moment, a page was turned by the wind blowing in from somewhere. The fire went out, and the warm room grew cold.

Shun was certain that all the windows were closed. His head turned toward the door as if possessed.

A dazzling magic circle appeared on the floor, and green streaks of light billowed up toward the ceiling.

"What?"

A man emerged from the circle. He wore a loose black robe like a priest, and his hood covered his eyes. A necklace with a red jewel glowed from where it laid against his chest.

A magician.

Shun turned to run away, pushed by the fright he felt in his spine. But it was too late.

The magician raised his thin, white arm.

Immediately it felt like Shun's whole body had been electrocuted, and he lost all his strength, falling into a slump.

One by one, more men appeared from inside the magician's circle in Shun's shaky vision. The eight men grinned at each other once they were all inside.

Amongst the exuberant men, only one magician quietly erased the magic circle that they had used to invade.

Shun's hands were tied behind his back and tied to his chair. When Shun tried to think of something that was out of place to relieve his fear like he often saw in foreign, detective dramas, he felt something slip out of his body, and his vision became clear.

The magician had raised his hand toward Shun, albeit from far away. He must have figured out something.

"Is this the right place, Zaz?"

The large man, who gave off the coldest impression, asked the man next to him.

"Yeah, definitely."

After his thin, green eyes had surveyed the room from under his cropped, black hair, Zaz laughed spitefully. Shun recognized the name.

"You... You're the one who embezzled the money, aren't you?"

Shun didn't know where he gotten his courage, but he couldn't help but ask this. Craig and everyone else were probably still on their way to their hideout to thank him for this.