The Loss of A Loved One

The next day everyone attended the funeral of fourteen demigods all from different god, Crystal was crying over the loss of her fourteen year old sister and Luke was comforting her. The demigods mourned for three days until Luke came back from a scouting trip with Kaleb, they ran up to Percy.

"Their is a massive army coming to attack camp half-blood they are two to three days away." Luke informed his father who nodded.

"Is that all?" Percy asked with an eyebrow raised.

Kaleb shook his head slowly. "No the person-monster- that is leading the army is a demigod."

"Who?" Percy asked his eyebrows furrowed.

"Annabeth, Percy." Kaleb said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Percy's face went from serious to, a wild frenzy of anger, his eyes pulsed with power and anger. Winds whipped around the oldest son of Poseidon with unfathomable fury. The only demigods not affected by the winds were Kaleb and Luke as they had the blood of the sea.

"Percy calm down! We will end this bitch once and for all and that is a promise." Kaleb yelled over the wind. But after son and brother trying to calm him down for at least an hour, Luke finally prayed to his mother to calm his father down. She appeared in a silver flash almost immediately, and flashed away with Percy to try and calm him down, slowly all eyes turned to the young son of Artemis asking the silent question.

What should we do?

Luckily his uncle stepped up. "OK guys we need to prepare for this battle I want Ares and the Romans up front along with but the children of Apollo stay bac and split into, two groups. One group will be medics and the other archers along with the hunters. We will have six lines deep in phlanax formation. Then I want  Hermes, Dionysus and Hecate break off and flank the right side. While Demeter, Hesphaetus, Morpheous and Nike to flank the left."

Everyone ran to do as they were told. Except Luke.  "Where do you want me uncle?"

"In the front line with your father and I. You and I need to be able to calm him down." Kaleb instructed.

"Yes uncle let me go wish Crystal good luck and I will meet you on the front line." Luke said, Kaleb nodded in understanding and went to the front line as Luke went to find his love.

He finally found after looking aound for ten minutes but felt like eternity.

"Crystal!" He yelled, she looked over her long black hair, tied b ack in a pony tail and her gorgeous grass green eyes shimmered with fear and hope.

"Luke." She said almost breathlessly. She ran at him and embraced him in a tight hug, like it might be the last time she would see him ever again.

"Did your uncle assign you to lead us?" She asked hopefully.

"No I am to be on the front line with my father and uncle." Luke said. Almost immediately Crystals face fell and she started to tear up.

"No it will be OK, I will see you at the end of this battle and that is a promise, I love you." Luke whispered into her ear.

"I love you too Luke, be safe." Crystal whispered back than leaned back and kissed him, Luke tasted the strawberry on her lip and was in love with it.

"OK I really got to go." Luke said with sadness dripping from his voice as he turned his back on the girl he loved the most in this world, and jogged to the front line. His armour was comfortable, he looked down to see the black armour he wore with silver seams and a trident and a crescent moon in their own respective colors of green and silver, his plum of his helm was a sea green. He looked like a ancient Greek hopilite as he had a spear and shield like one.

"Ah there you are." Kaleb said. "Good it is time to do this our scouts say they are ten minutes away. The only thing that will save us is the boundary line, it is the only way we won't be decimated."

"What are the enemy numbers?" Luke asked afraid of the answer.

"In the thousands Luke, if anything we will head to the Argo and flee." Kaleb explained and Luke nodded in understanding as the monster army appeared by the boundary.

Percy appeared in a silver flash beside his son and brother.

Percy looked back to the Olympian army. "They will be expecting a speech." 

"Than give them one dad." Luke retorted.

"I won't always be here Luke, you give it to today as you will be the leader one day." Perseus looked at his son and Luke saw the pride emitted from his father.

"Alright I will." Luke nodded and licked his lips, his mouth incredibly dry.

The army shifting nervously.

"Hold your ground! Hold your ground!" Luke shouted and everyone stopped and looked at him. "Sons and daughters of Greece and Rome! My family! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men will fail but it is not this day! This war will be remembered for the ages to come and our actions will echo in eternity! For immortality and for Olympus!"

The Olympian army cheered slamming their spears on their shields the metal banging louder than any war drum heard in history. As the army charged forward behind the two sons of Poseidon and the first born son of Artemis.

And only faltered when the boundary fell down around them as the monsters charged the demigods with fierce ferocity.

They crashed together with shattered shields and spears, blood and monster essence flying everywhere as the two armies battled to control the world. One against tyrany and the other for.

"Push them back!" Percy yelled holding a dracnae off with his shield and than with a swift movement cut her head clean off but than got blasted back and everyone with in fifteen feet including monsters fell backward as a blond woman strode forward, her blond hair mixed with red and blue. Her grey eyes calculating and cold.

"Perseus." She smiled coldly at him.

"Annabeth." Percy spat back with venom.

With that the two enemies once lovers lunged at eachother in an epic clash of bronze. But Luke was pulled out of his day dream by his uncle.

"Luke get your head out of your ass, we are losing, we have to retreat!" Kaleb screamed.

Luke nodded in a daze. "Retreat to the Argo!" The demigods ran as the Ares and Mars kids stayed in the front buying time for the other kids.

But yet they were still getting slowly pushed back.

 Until the line broke, the kids in a full out sprint ran, the only three left on the beach were Kaleb, Percy and Luke fighting the monsters off with expertise only true masters of the sword could wield.

"We have to push off!" Percy yelled, Luke turned around and his dad grabbed him and threw him up and than jumped on board using his water powers.

"Come on Kaleb!" Percy screamed.

"Go! I got this one of us needs to stay behind! Go!" Kaleb yelled back as he decapitated a telekhine.

With that Kaleb turned around and used his water power push the boat off but as he did Annabeth ran up behind him and stabbed him in the chest. The bronze spear head was visible through the front of Kalebs armour, the dark red blood of Kaleb ran down his chest like a waterfall, his eyes went glassy as he fell to his knees.

"Kaleb!" Percy screamed in horror and anger. Annabeth smirked, as she put her foot on the back of Lukes fallen uncle and pushed, freeing the spear and causing Kaleb to fall.

"Meet us at Marathon Perseus, I do adore the history there." Annabeth smirked as she turned around.