nine. totally clueless!

SISSY HAD BEEN avoiding Jess like the plague since their pavement kicking session, her mind constantly drifting towards him and his stupid face and his stupid everything; she didn't know how to describe him in any way but stupid, and she was stupid for thinking about him in the first place. She hadn't spoken to him in a few days, turning the other way whenever she saw him. Much to her dismay, he hadn't spoken to her in turn, making her frustrated. She hadn't stopped thinking about him since that night, but had he even thought of her? Why didn't he say goodnight? Does she mean anything to him? Her mind was racing, full of thoughts of fucking Jess Mariano, and she didn't know how to stop.

        She wasn't going to admit it either; proving Elliot right would be the last thing she would ever do willingly, but fantasizing was fun, and she wasn't going to stop anytime soon.

        "Do you have plans for today, Sissy?" Lorelai asked, passing her the milk. The two sat in the kitchen, eating breakfast. "I think Lem and Marls are coming over and we're watching Clueless," she answered, her mouth full of sugary cereal. "Ah, a classic; an attractive Paul Rudd and a relationship between two step siblings." Sissy snorted, pouring herself a glass of milk.

        "Rory already left?" Lorelai nodded, her mouth full of marshmallows. "Remember, she's doing the Shakespeare performance? They're rehearsing at Ms. Patty's." Sissy sighed, nodding, before grabbing the bag of marshmallows by Lorelai's arm. "Hey!"

        She just shrugged, popping on in her mouth. Lorelai jokingly rolled her eyes, grabbing one. "What's been up with you, Ms. Sicily?" She cringed at the use of her first name, sighing. "Not much; school, band stuff, oh! And Jess Mariano keeps asking me out? Weird." Lorelai's blue eyes opened wide, her jaw dropping.

"Jess?" She gasped, to which Sissy nodded. "It's so freaky, I think I talked to him once ( and I yelled at him ) and now he's asking me out," she shook her head, not mentioning two nights ago. She grabbed a marshmallow, the sweet, sticky treat filling her mouth while Lorelai just sat there, surprised.

        "Um, wow! What did you say?" Sissy bit her lip, taking a sip of her milk. "No, of course, he's such a jerk!" The older Gilmore let out a sigh, one she assumed was relief. "Really?"

"Oh yeah! He totally doesn't care about anyone else, and he's so cocky all the time, he never stops smirking! And he calls me Sicily because he knows I hate it, and you never know what he's think — we can be talking and fine and then he ices me out! And he's just so stupid — I try to help him and he just freezes." She rambled, waving her arms dramatically. Lorelai frowned, which confused her. "Why did you frown?"

         "Sissy, it sounds like you like him," she confessed, raising her eyebrows. Her breath hitched as she could feel herself turn strawberry red in the cheeks. "No! Not at all!" She defended, huffing. "Look, I don't like Jess anymore than you do, you know that, but I think you definitely like him. Luke says he thinks he likes you too."

       She slumped in her seat, blowing a strand of hair out of her face. "I don't!" Lorelai shrugged, grabbing her bag. "Whatever you say ... I have to run a few errands and Rory shouldn't be home for a bit, I'll see you later." She gave her a wave, still slumped. She grabbed a marshmallow, popping it in her mouth as the door slammed shut.

          "Do I really like Jess?" She mumbled to herself, making her way to her room. She grabbed her cd bin, searching through it as she opened her cd player. She hummed as she grabbed Under Rug Swept by Alanis Morisette, the familiar guitar opening for the first song, 21 things I want in a lover, making her smile. She danced around the room, stomping her feet to the rhythm. The doorbell rang, the loud ding dong! interrupting her peace. She whipped around, pausing the music. She hopped over to the door, pulling her hair up in a ponytail as she did.