Chapter 2

{Kirishima PoV}
"Hey, are you okay..?"
Kirishima was jolted out of his dazed state by Mina's concerned words.
"What? Oh, yeah, of course I am! Why wouldn't I be?" Kirishima smiled at Mina.
"Are you sure? You seem off... did something happen?"
Kirishima didn't respond, instead just leaning against his friend. She took his hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze.
"Do you wanna talk about it?"
Kirishima hesitated, he didn't want to drag her down with his unhappiness.
"It's okay baby, you can tell me anything, I promise."
"...Are you sure?"
"I promise."
"Well... I have a crush on someone, and he's caught feelings for someone else. Plus he's been acting a little distant, which I might just be overthinking, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't even like me as a friend anymore..."
Kirishima's voice trembled slightly, and he pressed closer to Mina.
"Aw baby... It'll work out, I promise. Is it Bakugo?"
Kirishima nodded, looking down.
"You know how he gets sometimes. He'll be back, okay?"
"...Are you sure?"
"Mhm. You'll be okay."
Kirishima managed a fragile smile, squeezing her hand.
"Thanks Mina..."
"Anything for my friend."
"Hey, can we have a sleepover tonight..? I don't really want to be alone..."
"Of course! Wanna watch a movie?"
"Oooh, absolutely! Can I make popcorn?"

•☆•☆•☆•

Kirishima's eyes fluttered open, and he took in the strange surroundings.
"..?" He sat up, confused.
Where am- oh... right.
He glanced around, noticing that Mina was gone already.
What time is it?
Kirishima pulled out his phone, still feeling tired as hell. The glowing screen read 7:43 AM.
He stretched, and stood up, walking to his own dorm after cleaning up a little in Mina's dorm.
I wonder if he's busy today...
He made himself breakfast, picking at his food with disinterest.
Maybe he really is just busy, and I'm reading too much into this. I just have to trust him.
He sighed, cleaning up his breakfast, and laying on his bed, his hair spread out on the sheets, as his sad cherry eyes stared at the ceiling.
He could've just been stressed. I mean this hasn't ever happened before. Yeah that must be it...
He checked his phone, seeing no new notifications.
Usually he's texted by now at least... maybe he's just sleeping.
Kirishima sighed again, setting his phone on the little side table next to his bed, and going back to sleep. It isn't like he had anything better to do...

•☆•☆•☆•