"Why you gotta be so damn mean and ungrateful all the time?" C's face dropped the puppy dog expression for a pissed off one. He snatched open the screen, shoving her aside; he stomped pass her into the house. "A hombre do something nice for you, like upgrade your closet and shoe game, you say thank you, not bitch all over him." Dumping the bags on the couch, he spun on his heel and glanced around the living room, while attempting to hide the look of disgust on his face.

"You crazy? Get out of my house." Cleo plodded over to him, and then stabbed him in the chest with her finger. "Are you as deaf as you are stupid? I don't want none of that crap. It's not for me, you bought all that for you. To make you feel better about doggin' me." She shook her head, her mouth twisted in a, fuck you, sneer. "Wish I would take any of that shit just so you can sleep at night. I'd walk through the Ninth butt ass naked 'fore I do."

C's looked up at the ceiling, and actually growled like a damn attack dog. "For all the bull shit you wear, you might as well. I don't break bread over I'm sorry gifts, not my style." Reaching up he caressed her cheek with the palm of his hand. She winced away from his touch. With an exaggerated sigh his hand fell away. "I bought you all of this stuff, because you needed clothes, and even after buying all of it," his gaze swept around the apartment, before returning back to hers. "You still need more."

"Fuck your charity, C's." For no reason at all, her vision blurred. "My space may not be as fly as yours, but at least it's over my head."

"Bae," his voice softened as his arm snaked around her waist. "I'm not tryin' to ride on your spot, just callin' it how I see it." When she tried to pull away his hold on her tightened. "Look, I fucked up." She raised an eyebrow, and his cocky ass smiled as his fingers threaded their selves in the strands of her hair. "Okay, I fucked up bad. Shit happens, but that don't change what this is between me and you. Those other bitches don't mean jack to me, bae. You're the one I care about. I'll give you whatever you need, except for space. That's the only thing you can't get from me. You're what I need to breathe. So forgive me so we can get through this, because you're right, I need you to sleep. Haven't shut my eyes since you left."

The brick wall she'd begun to build over her heart, vibrated under the weight of his words. His presence had started to shake her foundation of anger, he was getting to her in a way that only he could. Slowly, her body relaxed in his embrace, curving into the warmth, which radiated from his golden brown skin. Air left Cleo's lungs in ragged pants by way of her dampened, slightly parted lips. C's head dipped and his mouth barely grazed hers. A tear slipped from the corner of her eye. The brick wall within her chest crumbled to dust.

Reluctant arms encircled a waiting neck as timid fingers wound themselves in the silky black hair at the nape of his neck. Tears now slid down her face steadily and unchecked. She didn't want this, but like him she needed it. Want didn't have a damn thing to do with anything when it came to him. No. Need was the virus that infected her system, weakening her heart to him. As much as she'd lied to herself over the past few days, truth be sold, she would forgive him and eventually go back to him, because life without him would never be an option.

"You hurt me," she said, her voice fracturing. "How could you, C's. I would never try you like that, 'cause if I did you would lose your fuckin' mind, me and you both know that."

C's nuzzled her neck with his nose and mouth. "You my Babygirl," he said, his breath tickling her ear.  "You wouldn't do me like that, and even if you did, I would understand, because I'd know it was the alcohol. It's not in you to do me dirty like that on GP."

"Yeah?" Cleo leaned back to stare up at him.

"What you mean, baby?" He asked, disbelief marring his features. "Of course I would. Do you really think I'd let some other dude come between us? Naw, not your boy, yo."