Chapter 3

Cinder Glass -

Cinder followed everyone to the cafeteria as she stayed in the back. The two boys were laughing loudly in the front talking about random things. When they were walked by the hallway where her room was she stopped. "Cecilia, I would like to rest my mind and get everything straight if you don't mind." Cecilia looked at her for a moment and then nodded as everyone kept walking. Cinder walked down the hallway slowly, looking at every small detail on the walls and windows until she reached the room she woke up in. Her new room. She opened the door and sat on her bed. She sighed as she laid back on the bed. "Once upon a time there was a girl who was treated wrong, so she went to the ball without permission and met a prince of sweet brown hair," Cinder stood as she sang, dancing a small step with every note. "The next day when the prince finally found her, they were married. That was the story of Cinderella, but with Cinderella, she did not want to be a simple queen. She broke through her role and became more than just a queen. She led her people through war and always lived to tell the tale. Killing millions as she lived. She was the killer queen." With every step she swayed like a ballerina gracefully, singing her tale.

Lylia Wraps -

As Lylia ate her breakfast with everyone, she noticed that Cinder was nowhere in sight. Finishing quickly she got up and left without a word. Right when she stepped into the hallway, she could hear a voice so sweet singing gently. As if it was a sad but soft warming song. She followed the singing until it lead to her room. Quietly she opened the door, closing it softly behind her. There in the middle room was Cinder. She danced gracefully as she sang a song so peaceful but sad. While Cinder sang she seemed to be crying with every graceful step. Lylia sat on her bed watching in amazement as her roommate sang a part about her husband dying in her arms. "I am Cinder the killer queen." Cinder sang the last the note longly as she sat back down her bed, tears falling down her cheeks quietly, sparkling in the sunlight.

"I'm sorry for your loss." Lylia stared at the ground. Cinder jumped as she looked at Lylia. "How long have you been in here?" Cinder quickly wiped her tears and looked away from Lylia. "For about five minutes mostly." Lylia started to fiddle with her fingers still staring at the ground. "Although he was my husband and I loved him but, I fully didn't love him like he loved me." Cinder stared out the window from her bed. "What do you mean, you didn't "fully" love him." Lylia looked at her as she tilted her head. Cinder sighed. "It's nothing, I just didn't care too much for him." Lylia knew it was something more but she didn't want to go any deeper at the moment. "What was for breakfast?" Cinder stood and stretched. "Biscuits and sausage." Cinder smiled and walked out of the room, leaving Lylia by herself.