Chapter 1

Ruby Red -

Ruby woke up in a bedroom that she didn't recognize. leading her to panic when she heard water coming from behind the door. She looks over seeing her scythe against the wall, next to the bed. Grabbing it as she slowly crept towards the door. Suddenly the door swung open and a girl around the same age as Ruby came out. She had short brown hair and wore what looked to be old fashioned hunting clothes. "Oh, good you're awake. Now I can finally meet who my roommate is." The girl said as she pushed past Ruby's scythe and went to another part of the room that Ruby didn't notice mist her panic. In that part of the room laid another bed and weapons that Ruby couldn't see from where she was standing. "Who are you and where am I?" Ruby's voice was low and filled with both curiosity and cautiousness. The girl sat on her bed and started to polish what seemed to be a hunter's knife. "Well I'm Piper, and I'm just as clueless as you on why I'm here, or should I say we are here. Who are you?" Ruby froze for a second and then she sat her scythe down before she spoke. "Ruby Red." She went back towards the bed she woke up in and looked around, suddenly noticing the note on the window. "Hey, look." Ruby pointed as Piper looked at her curiously. Piper immediately got up and read the note.

"WELCOME NEW STUDENTS,

When both you and your roommate are awake please leave your room and follow the arrows on the floor in the hallways, to the gymnasium for orientation."

"Orientation?" Ruby said, confused. "I guess we'll find out what that means," Piper said as she grabbed her hunting knife and headed towards the door. Ruby grabbed her scythe as both girls headed out of the room.

Lylia Wraps -

Lylia woke up, stretching her arms in the air, feeling at peace until she opened her eyes. Feeling for her sword around her waist, she looked around ready to fight for her life. Not finding her sword on her waist she pulled one of her dagger hairpins out of her bun. She stood noticing the other bed where another body slept. Quietly she walked towards the other bed, observing her surroundings carefully. When she reached the bed she ripped off the blanket covering the body. Lylia looked down to see a girl with short blond hair glaring at her, "Who are you and why am I here?" The girl spoke calmly pointing a pistol at her throat. Lylia pulled her other dagger out and pushed the pistol away as she threw the girl on the ground. "I could ask you the same." The girl got up and quickly did a back-flip making distance between them, pulling out a pair of scissors from under her light blue armor. "Fine, if you won't answer me. Then I'll just make you pay for taking me from my mission." The girl sped towards her holding the scissors as if they were daggers themselves, ready to stab her. Lylia quickly dodged and she rolled on the ground going behind her, slashing the girl's unprotected ankle. The girl turned with her leg attempting to kick her, but again Lylia dodged. Lylia took her chance to cut her again, but before she reached the girl's face, the girl grabbed her wrist and then the other, twisting and shoving her onto the bed. "Who are you?!" Her voice was no longer calm but now filled with anger. Lylia struggled while she spoke, "My name is Lylia! Why am I here, if you were just going to kill me?!" The girl froze and then backed away, looking confused. "Wait, you aren't the one that brought me here?" Lylia sat up and placed her daggers back in her bun. "What no! I thought you brought me here." The girl looked around the room while she spoke, "I'm Cinder." She continued to look around until she saw something. A note on the window. Gleaming in the sunlight. Lylia saw it too as she got up from the bed. Cinder grabbed the note and read it aloud.

"WELCOME NEW STUDENTS,

When both you and your roommate are awake please leave your room and follow the arrows on the floor in the hallways to the gymnasium for orientation."

"I'm sorry but did that say orientation, like as in school orientation?" Lylia walked towards Cinder confused. Cinder handed her the note as she went towards her bed and pulled out Lylia's sword. "You can you have this back now, since we know we're not each others enemy." Lylia read the note over and over again, looking for any clues or secret codes, but she found none. Cinder handed Lylia her sword as Lylia reached for it still searching. Putting down the note as Lylia looked at Cinder seriously. "I think we might have to be allies until we know why we're here." Cinder nodded as they headed out of the room with their weapons.