|5|

-Lucian-

   "So wait, you're telling me that Mr. Witherspoon got his degree online in 20 minutes? Well no wonder why most of the junior class is failing." I said with a small laugh.

   "When James told me that, I laughed so hard!"

   "Wait, did you just say James? When did you start talking to James?" I asked. Something is going on between these two.

   "He spoke to me. It was only two minutes." Yvette said defensively.

   "Yvette, are you guys mates?" I whispered. I had to remember where I was because this is not an all werewolf school, and the kids sitting next to us right now are humans.

   "Of course not. Nicole would've told me." She whispered back. Nicole was Yvette's wolf. My wolf's name is Derek.

   "You know if he is I won't be mad. You can tell me Yvette." I said. I don't want Yvette thinking that just because I'm her guy best friend, she can't tell me who her mate is or who she likes. Will I be overprotective? Of course, but I won't be mad.

   "I know Luci, but he's not. I've been feeling a little weird that's all." She said. I wasn't convinced, but I wasn't going to push the subject any further. You could tell when Yvette didn't want to talk about the subject anymore because she always has this distant look on her face. A look that tells people she's in deep thought about whatever was said. In this case, her deep thought was James.

   "Luci, can we leave? I feel nauseous." Yvette asked.

   "Of course. Do you need me to hold anything?" I asked while helping her stand.

   "No. Just get me out of here...fast."

   We left quickly and headed to my house. I knew mom was home and she would probably let us stay.

   "Mom? Are you here?" I called out.

   "In the kitchen!" Was her response. I quickly brought Yvette to the kitchen, making her sit in a chair. Yvette was getting paler and that worried me.

   "Why are you guys home so early? What's wrong?" Mom asked fretfully.

   "Yvette isn't feeling well. I was wondering if we could stay here." I said. Mom walked over to Yvette and placed a hand on her forehead.

   "Yvette you're burning up! Lucian go get a damp towel, a can of soup, and a blanket." mom commanded.

   I fetch everything and retreat back to the kitchen. Yvette looked like she was getting sicker.

   "Mom, what's wrong with her?" I asked. By the looks of Yvette's greenish figure, this is more than the common cold.

   "I'm sorry Lucian. Yvette has been poisoned."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLIFFY! What? You didn't think I was going to wait until chapter 12 to start the action did you? Nah, this is only the beginning. By the way, sorry it's so short. Some chapters will be long, some will be short, Depends on how I feel.
Quick question:
Who do you think poisoned Yvette?
Vote, Comment, Share!
~Kawaii~