Chapter 16 - Goodbye

Kenta looked around him. All his friends were on the ground, all beaten up. Everyone was tired, no one could defeat Nemesis. Not even Kira. But he couldn't give up. He had to do something. And he did. He attacked Nemesis over and over again.

All the bladers were surprised to see him fighting.

Kira was slowly getting back on her feet as Kenta did the same and prepared to attack one more time.

'I made a promise to Ryuga that I would not give up until he listened!' he said with all the determination he had in his heart. 'And that I would become stronger and stronger! Until Ryuga would fight seriously on our side! But then I failed. That is why I will fight in Ryuga's place! You can do it, Sagittario!'

Kenta's attack was strong, but Nemesis was stronger and broke Sagittario's spin track. He couldn't defeat him alone. His friends knew it, so they joined him.

'You never learn!' Rago spoke as Striker, Eagle and Libra attacked him.

They were all sent flying.

'You stink!' the green-haired kid got up and got ready to counterattack.

Nemesis was approaching Sagittario. It would be the end for Kenta. However, before the black beyblade hit him, a column of light rose in the sky.

Kira turned around. Her light eyes widen. It was Ryuga. He was going to give his power to Kenta.

'That one time,' he spoke, 'it was only for a brief shining moment, I became serious! I promised! Take it, Kenta!!!'

The Dragon Emperor launched his beyblade and gave the power of the Star Fragment to Sagittario.

'I knew you would do the right thing,' Kira smiled while everyone paid attention to Kenta's bey and Ryuga walked to her.

'I'd do anything for you, Kira,' he confessed. 'I know you're going to defeat him.'

'I will, I promise you. I'd crawl on broken glass to make sure he gets what he deserves.'

Then, Ryuga looked at the arena where the battle was happening. It was a bit far from them, but he could see L-Drago had almost given all its power to Sagittario.

'Kira,' he began as a fainted smile appeared in his lips, 'this is when you lose me.'

The red-haired female eyes started to water.

'I've lost you long ago, Ryuga,' he heard his name leave her lips as she looked into his golden eyes for the last time. 'This is just you saying goodbye.'

He pulled her into his embrace.

'Goodbye, Kira.'

And with those words, his body turned into stardust.

'Ryuga...' Kenta murmured as he turned around to see his friend had perished.

Everyone was shocked. The Dragon Emperor was gone and this time for good.

Kyoya approached his lover. He knew she hadn't just lost a friend or an ex-lover; she had lost a part of her. Ryuga and her had been through a lot together and losing him was like losing a pilar. She was losing the one with whom she shared her pain. Now there was no one to share it, she would have to bear it all alone.

Kira felt the male's arms wrapping around her. She leaned her forehead against his chest and the tears that were filling her eyes began to roll down her cheeks. She placed her hands next to her head and they soon turned into fists as she gripped the blader's clothes.

Her sobs became more audible as the tears stained her cheeks. Her blood-red hair covered her face, but everyone knew she was crying as her tears began to wet the floor.