Chapter 19: Until now .

Start from the beginning

   "Pinky promise me you'll be safe and at home in 10 minutes?" He asked her, holding his pinky out for her to hook hers around his .

   "I promiseee," she promised, playfully rolling her eyes, hooking her pinky finger around his .

   "Well.." he trailed off, looking towards the ground, then looking back to her eyes, "I'm off!" He said , walking off .

   He half way turned around to shout, "Bye, Adi!" He shouts .

   "Bye, Izu!" She waved him off, smiling as the boy's figure got farther from her reach .

   The girl sighed before walking over to the swing set . Sitting there, thinking about how her parents were fighting last night  .

   A slightly taller figure started to step on the playground, from afar . He came from the other end of the playground, walking towards the swing set.

   When he finally got there, he then saw a little girl already sitting on one of the swings .

   The girl turned her head to face the stranger .

   "Hey!" The girl greeted the tired looking boy . She then started to check out the boy, seeing a little bit of blood dripping from his hands . She also saw how the boy had a little bruise on his left cheek .

   The boy just stared at her, taking his seat on the swing, one swing away from her .

   He sighed after a minute of her greeting .

   "Hey," he softly greeted back, holding his own hand in loneliness.

   "Are you okay?" She asked him .

   Hell, he didn't even know himself . The new boy that was in her presence has grown very tired of everything that goes on at home .

   Looking at the girl, about to answer, but before he does that he takes in her appearance. Her black, short, curly hair slicked on top of her head in a bun . Her tiny baby hairs curling also .

   Her little diamond earrings shining brighter than the sun, slightly blinding the boy as he had never seen jewelry like that .

   It's not like his father ever bought his mother something as nice as that or nice at all .

   Her light, vibrant purple shirt with a big bright smiling sun on it almost comforted the boy . Seeing something smile .

   His eyes then trailed down to her white shorts, and then down to her white shoes .

   "Her feet are very tiny," the boy thought, watching them swing back in forth, waiting for him to reply to her .

   "Cute," he thought, barely smiling .

"I'm not okay," he replied honestly.

"What's wrong?" She asked, stopping her legs from swinging, turning serious in her own way .

The boy's eyes snapped back up at the girl's (E/C) eyes .