(7) sweet dreams

A/N: alright mates, this one's a long one. Hope you enjoy xx

The last song was starting. You were currently at a concert to your favourite band, Arctic Monkeys. The music was blaring in the best way. You could feel the vibration from the guitar and Alex's vocals coursing through you.

You hated when concerts ended. Post concert blues hit you hard.

Do you still feel younger than you thought you would before?

Of course, the song they were ending in was one of the saddest (in your opinion). 'This is gonna hurt like hell' you thought, but enjoyed the music nonetheless.

With the efficiency that only youth can harness.
And do you still think love is a laserquest?
Or do you take it all more seriously?

You inhaled deeply, knowing full well you would start crying soon. You waved your arms to the chorus and to the beautiful words. Everything seemed to move in slow motion.

It was only you and the music in the moment.

And do you look in the mirror to remind yourself you're there, or do somebody's goodnight kisses got that covered?

That did it. The tears started rolling, but it didn't matter. You kept dancing, enjoying the music as you cried and choked on your sobs.

You didn't bother to dry your eyes. It was no use really, they just kept coming. You sang along with a wavering voice, keeping your eyes closed, scared that if you opened them, the moment would be gone.

And when I'm hanging by the rings around my eyes and convince myself I need another,
For a minute it get easier to pretend that you were just some lover.

Your heart raced as you felt the song begin to come to an end.

When I'm pipe and slippers and rocking chair
Singing dreadful songs about summer
Will I've found a better method of pretending you were just some lover?

More tears. And you opened your eyes finally, watching as the strobe lights danced about the ceilings and walls. You never wanted to leave. If it were possible, you'd stay in the moment forever.

Will I've found a better method of pretending you were just some lover?

And just like that, it was over. You could practically feel your heart sink. It's over.

"Thank you very much, we are the Arctic Monkeys!" Alex yelled as they sauntered into the backstage, out of sight.

You fell into your chair that you hadn't sat in all night as people started to leave and shuffle out. You didn't want to leave.

Reality was too much to handle at the moment, you were perfectly happy at the concert. You decided to stay back, just for a little bit to compose yourself and leave.

But soon everyone was gone and it was just you in the now lit auditorium. You couldn't handle it. You buried your face into your hands and cried. Hard. Tears rolling down your leather jacket sleeves as you tried to wipe them off.

That must have taken a while too. You felt a tap on your shoulder. "Excuse me, the concert's over."

You didn't know who you were talking to, and at the moment it didn't matter. "I-I know, just give me a second please." You silently let tears escape, but didn't look up in shame.

"You're the only one here. Uhm, do ya' want an autograph or summat?" The person asked, sounding a little tired. You almost didn't recognize the voice.