Chapter 11 - Mason

I wake up to someone poking me in the leg. I turn over and open my eyes seeing Caspian watching me. I like the name for him it suits him. He was such a quiet baby.

"Good morning Caspian," I crawl out of the blanket that is rolled around me, and I stretch a little bit. "Where is everyone?"

"School!" He says as he continues to watch me with big eyes like I am going to get up and attack him.

I put my foot on the floor and test how strong my legs are. I slowly get up still holding on to the couch to keep my balance. Caspian is holding on to what looks to be a stuffed wolf. He runs off down the hall when I start moving slowly to the bathroom. I haven't been able to walk without someone's help yet. It should not be that hard though.

The floor creaks a little under my feet as I look into the rooms I pass. Why is this place so big. I open a large door that most likely goes to a bedroom. When I look into it I see Aspen and Linus sitting at a desk talking to each other. They both quickly get up when they look up and see me watching them.

"Oh, dear... you should have called when you woke up." Aspen says coming to take my hand.

"I just needed to use the bathroom," I say slowly. "I couldn't find it. I would have laid back down."

"It's good that you are trying to take care of your own needs pup." Linus says to me. "But at least call one of us to follow you so you don't fall and hurt yourself."

I nod my head to show that I can do that, and he smiles leading me to the bathroom off to the side of the sitting room.

"I will be out here just call if you need me." He says as I close the door to give myself some privacy.

I do what I need to and then head to the sink to wash my hands. I also try to flatten out my hair using some water since it seems to be sticking up everywhere. It works a little bit the rest can just stay until Tristian gets home. If I remember right school does not usually get out until 3:30. That's if his school is the same as the one I use to go to. If he plays a sport though he will not be back tell later than that.

I open up the door and let Linus help me to the kitchen. He does not need to hold me up like he use to though. He just lets me hold onto him so that I do not have to follow the walls and it makes getting everywhere a bit faster.

It looks like Aspen has already made me breakfast and has set it on the counter. I see pancakes that have already been cut up with some eggs. I wonder if all forest wolves are as nice as this family is. Not only have they previously taken in 3 kids that were not their responsibility, one being a helpless baby, but they also took me in without anyone even asking them.

I sit at the kitchen table and Aspen brings me my plate as well as what looks to be some apple juice and a glass of water. They seem to have water with every meal. My family never ate like this when I was growing up. Most of the time we all just sat in the living room and watched tv while we ate.

"I am going to go check on Caspian and see if he wants to go down to the nursery with me and play with his friends." Aspen says as she finishes up wiping off the counters that she must have prepared my food on. "Will you two be okay for a couple hours?"

"Yes darling, I think I am perfectly capable of taking care of one sick pup. I did raise 4 of them." Linus chuckles as he sits at the table across from me and picks up what looks like a magazine.

This food is really good. It has been awhile since I have been fed so well. These people always seem to be eating. There is always three full meals a day as well as a snack around 3 o clock and there is always enough to go back for seconds on each meal. They always have something for dessert before bed as well. I never knew I could eat so much.