Prologue

Run. That's all my parents told me before we were attacked. I was young back then and I hardly knew what was going on until THEY showed up. Those dragons. Those black dragons with silver accents came from out of a portal and attacked my village. I was deep in the woods and watched as the dragons leave. I quickly ran back to my village, only to see everything burned down into ashes. I looked everywhere, hoping to find any survivors. I was hoping that my parents and my big brother made it out alive, but I found nothing, only the bodies of my villagers under rocks and dirt. I went to my burned out home for my parents. When I looked inside, I caught a glimpse of them both. They were under the roof, dead and surrounded by pebbles. I blamed the dragons for taking away my only home and my family.

A few weeks later

Mist was living in an empty cave not far from her village. She has been doing some hunting for food and water in order to survive on her own. She used her fire power to make some fire to cook the fish she caught with her water power. She takes short breaks when she feels that she used her powers too much. In the afternoon, Mist was planning to go hunt for some more fish, until a tall, old man with a white beard approached her cave. She saw him and quickly ran back to her cave, not trusting the old man. The old man soon stopped until he spoke, "Why hello there, little one." Mist was curious of the old man, so she kept her distant from him as he continues.

"I mean you no harm." He kneels down to her level. "You must be hungry." He said as he reached for something in his pockets. She got her fire and water out, ready to attack him, but before she could, he took out what looks like a corn dog. "Corn dog?" Mist was curious, but she was hungry and didn't have time to hunt, so she slowly approached the old man as he smiled softly. She reached her hand out towards him, and yanks the corn dog off his hands and eats it until the stick remains.

The old man chuckled softly at this as Mist finished the corn dog. "What do you want from me?" She asked him as he answers, "I couldn't help but feel bad when I saw you have to live outside your burned village." Mist widens her eyes at that respond. How did he know my village was burned down?! The old man then said, "My name is Master Eon. I am a founder of a school called Skylander Academy, where students train to become heroes known as Skylanders. Now, what's your name, little girl?"

She looks at him before saying, "I'm Mist. I have two powers." Master Eon was a bit surprised. "May you show me your powers, younger lady?" He asked. She nodded as she ignited her left hand on fire and forms water on her right hand. He was astounded by this before smiling. "You are special, little one." He said as he held out his hand to her. Mist saw and hesitated for a while, but she slowly reached over and grabbed his hand as he leads her somewhere. "Very special indeed."

That was the day I met Master Eon, the wisest and beardiest founder of Skylander Academy. I knew that he is willing to train me to become a future Skylander. Looks like my real adventure is just beginning.

Word count: 611