𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 : 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲

Începe de la început

She poofed back down to collect her converses next to Alex's drumkit--she has no idea how even they got there--only to find a note sitting on top of Luke's songwriting book. Sure, she knew the boy had boundaries just as much as she did, but Magnolia couldn't help herself to pick up the journal to look at the post-it note. In messy cursive print, the words 'Happy Birthday' were written in blue ink with an exclamation doting the end.

Looking up at the brunet still fast asleep on the couch, she stared back at the note on Luke's journal before making the connection. It's Luke's birthday today, the teen ghost living another day at seventeen, now counting eighteen, or forty-three. Whatever. A small smile found its way onto her lips, her fingers lightly tapping the top of the book before carefully putting it away, poofing away before the brunet could stir.

Magnolia Grace visited the only home she's ever known; her adoptive parents' modern apartment in Beverly Hills. It always had a beautiful view, glass panes pressed against the walls that gave a perfect view of the grassy plains that spilled all throughout the city, the lights illuminating the busy streets near the hundreds-of-thousands shopping centres. The world felt so bright with her father's speakers blaring out another ABBA song, while her papa attempting to make his grandmother's paella recipe.

The world that glared back at her was dull and bleak, the apartment lacking the livelihood she had known her entire childhood. She felt like a stranger, her tawny-eyes peeking into her own life and pulling it apart, trying to dissect the problem to find its root. Everything from the thin sheets that covered the pristine leather couches to the dying greenery in her papa's corner felt off, everything around her felt like a ghost town.

The Japanese dodged the living area, avoiding the windows in case to find her own reflection boring into her very soul, and made a beeline for her bedroom. The room itself remained unlocked and untouched with her unmade bed sheets on top of her canopy bed, the pink veils collecting dust. It made Magnolia smile, seeing miniscule things like the books on her desk open to the American Revolution and her French homework written bubbly and small, the initials M.G. on the name line.

Despite the reminiscent feeling she felt in the pit of her stomach, Magnolia immediately went to work, digging through her drawers to find a small rectangular device that had stuck to her hip at the prime age of seven. It took a few tries, finding her laptop, earbuds and adapter first before finding her prized possession, her MP3. She wasn't sure if Luke had one already, but she knew of the boy's infatuation for music, so the gift just seemed to click for her.

The Japanese girl took her MP3, wrapping it with the cord of a pair of earbuds before messily wrapping it newspaper. She hoped Luke would like it, even if her wrapping ability wasn't exactly great. It took a bit longer than expected, forgetting how long it took just to download songs onto the tiny device.

Tucking the gift underneath her arm, Magnolia took one last look around the room. Everything was back in its place, it was as if she hadn't been in the room at all. With a satisfied smile, the Asian girl teleported out of her bedroom and finding herself just outside of the Molina garage. With timid steps towards the barn-style doors, her converses making a light tapping sound with every step she took, she peered into through the door.

Her torso phased through, her tawny-eyes catching a pair of hazel-ones set against white skin, a loose and tired smile growing on the guitarist's face at the sight of her. Magnolia was quick to bring the terribly wrapped gift behind her back, shyly smiling at th brunet before phasing through completely.

The two stayed at two different sides of the studio, Luke standing up from his lawn chair--no doubt writing another song--and Magnolia stayed by the doors. It was as if the two were telepathically communicating, both aware of the predicament they were in the morning prior. It was embarrassing as is, especially if Alex and Reggie were around, but it seemed as though it was a mental agreement to forget the situation as a whole.