Chapter 10 - Tristian

Start from the beginning

"As long as they grow up together like we did." Ambrose says from the backseat.

"I would not dream of our kids growing up separately." I say thinking about all the fun we had together as young wolves. "You guys are the reason I am not one of those mean and nasty alphas."

"Yeah, we were always there to give you a kick in the ass when you needed it." Braden chuckles.

I got to admit that having a male as a mate use to be a rare occurrence. I think the only reason it has become common is because there were not many wolves left after the war. The moon goddess had to work with what she had. I wonder how my mate and I are going to be able to have pups that would carry my alpha and his beta gene. I should have a conversation with Mimi about how far reproduction science has gotten.

When we make it to the school we all sigh. Grabbing our bags and walking into the school and to our lockers. Everybody at our school is a werewolf so they all know where we have been. My teachers have all been truly kind to me and have only given me the bare minimum work. One good thing of being the boss of your teachers. They had to give me some work for classes, but I have to admit it did keep me busy.

I had not hung around with any of the other teenagers like I usually do either. When my mate feels a little bit better in the pack house I might introduce him to some of the cool ones. Of course, they are all pretty cool. Just like every town though we have our little cliques. Mine is mostly made up of me and my two best friends but there are some wolves that we hang out with from time to time.

I spent way too many nights in the infirmary just watching my mate sleep because I was happy he was here with me. I had also spent several nights working with Linus because I was still in training to be Alpha. That was one thing I wasn't going to skip now that I had someone besides myself that I needed to work hard for. It is amazing how much having a mate has changed me in the matter of weeks. He makes me want to be a better Alpha and a better person.

Our first class went by pretty fast and so did our second class. I am not confessing to sleeping a little bit through our second class, but I did jump a little bit when the lunch bell rung. We never get a lot of class work anyway the teachers just stand up and go through chapter after chapter. Homework and classwork is not actually required. Humans are just not particularly good listeners.

"What did Aspen pack us for lunch?" I ask Ambrose as he is digging through his locker for our lunches.

"I had woke up when Linus left this morning so me and Aspen made sandwiches." He said surprising me because Ambrose loves his sleep. "She had not done a lot of grocery shopping while we were all busy taking care of the new Luna. She had Caspian all day almost every day by herself. Oh yeah I also told her we would stop by the grocery store on the way home for dinner."

"Ooh... We should get some pizza!" Braden shouts excitedly. "Your mate is going to love pizza and some cheesy garlic bread."

"So, you want to get fat tonight so Linus can make us puke tonight during evening patrol." I say laughing at his excitement for the greasy food he loves so much.

"Yeah your probably right..." He says sadly and then looks up mischievously. "We should get 2 pizza's then! We might as well make being sick worth it."

I shake my head at him as we make our way to our usual lunch spot underneath the tree in the courtyard. I wonder what my mate is doing right now. It is noon so he is probably eating lunch. I know Aspen wanted to do a little bit of schooling with him. Just to see simple things like how well he could read and if he could do simple math. Linus wanted to see if he could work on shifting with the pup. When he was in the infirmary he was not really able to shift by himself because of his muscles so now should be a better time to try and get him to. It is especially important for werewolves to shift into both forms. Our werewolf form needs as much exercise if not more than our human form.

I hope that Linus and Aspen don't feel to overwhelmed. I really could have taken another week off of school so Mason could get comfortable. Linus wanted him to get into a normal routine right away though. Which means I have to go to school and do border patrol like normal. I guess if you think about it is good for him.

My wolf side really wants his mate though. After being with him for so long it almost physically hurts not being around him. When Linus had explained mates to all of us he said that the bond between younger mates is stronger than when they get older.

Mates that find each other at the age of like 16 have to almost be constantly together. That is why Braden and Ambrose are so close. Ambrose gets extremely depressed when Braden is gone. On the other hand, I have seen Braden get violent when Ambrose is not near him or he does not know where Ambrose is.

It has gotten a lot better since they grew older though. I think being so clingy is just in their physical nature. Some wolves are like that. My parents were always together. That's why my mom was not outside with the other mothers when the war started. Aspen was always the one to take us outside. My mom would stay with my dad and help him with whatever he needed.

The rest of our school day went by without incident. When we got out I could not wait to get home to my handsome mate. We stopped by the grocery store which was owned by a nice elderly werewolf couple that always gave us some cookies for free when we came by. They both congratulated me on my mate, and I told them that I would have to bring him by sometime so they can meet him.

We picked out a meat lovers pizza and a basic peperoni pizza. I am not worried about my mate not liking meat because we are werewolves. I go and grab some French bread and some cheese. I am quite sure we have butter and garlic at home. After we paid the couple and told the couple we would give their respects to our parents we were on our way home.

When we get home I immediately drop my backpack in the entryway and run to put my arms around my mate who is in the living room playing with Caspian. This makes me smile seeing this. I hope he is this good with our pups. I guess with Caspian being Mason's baby brother he is kind of like our pup.

I kiss his head and smile as Caspian tries to climb into my arms. Linus comes out of his home office and shakes his head at the pizza sitting on the table. I am not surprised when he goes straight to his son though. He always knows which one of us was responsible for what and when it comes to food. Braden has always been the one responsible.

"How are you doing?" I ask Mason as I sit down on the couch and he climbs on laying his perfect head on my shoulder.

"Had... A... Busy... Day," He says slowly but it is technically a complete sentence which makes me happy.

"I bet you had a busy and tiring day." I say rubbing his arm and watching as Caspian sings along with the movie that I turned on for him to watch. "Did you miss me?"

He nods his head and yawns snuggling into my side and making himself comfy. Goddess, he is the cutest thing ever when he is tired like this. I sit Caspian in his lap to help keep him awake though because he needs to keep a good sleeping schedule even if he does not actually have to wake up. I watch as he sits and listens to Caspian tell him which characters he really likes and which ones he thinks should be put down in the dungeon as he calls it. Even though in actuality it is a storage basement. It is just a little scary to the small pup.