That day

Spencer's POV

I always thought I had a chance with Aria. Yes, I knew the chances were slim, but I always thought there was a chance she could love me back. I had so much...hope...yes, I, Spencer Hastings once had hope. That was until that day. The day she told me. The day in which I realised how much time I spent and wasted on that dirty four-letter word. Hope. If I know one thing for sure, it's that you shouldn't rely on hope. It does one thing, and one thing only; breeds eternal misery. That's something I learned that day.

*Flashback*

"Aria! Who is it?" I ask in frustration, but with excitement as well...sort of. I'm still deciding whether I'm looking forward to this conversation or not.

"If I tell you, do you promise not to give me 'the Spencer look'?" She raises her eyebrows and looks straight at me.

"The Spencer look?" I ask in confusion.

"You know, whenever you're disappointed in someone you give them this 'look'" she replies.

"Just tell me!" I almost laugh. If only she knew how much I was dreading the answer.

"Okay fine...his name is Ezra.." I gesture for her to carry on. "Ezra....Fitz..." She puts her hands out in front of her as if I were going to attack her.

"Fitz? As in Mr Fitz? Aria Montgomery, you bad girl!" I pretend to be a parent and we both laugh. Once I have her convinced my smile disappears.

"You can't tell anyone, Spence" she puts her hands on my shoulders and looks up into my eyes, and I nod. "I'm serious!" She slaps my arm.

"Okay! Okay! My lips are sealed" I pretend to lock my lips and throw the key away. "I'm surprised you could even reach my shoulders" I smirk, trying not to laugh, getting me another playful slap on the arm. "So... You and Mr Fitz...hmm..." I give a sly smile and she smiles back. "When did you meet?" I ask.

"Before school started. In a bar"

"A bar?!" I almost spit out my drink. "What were you doing in a bar?!".

"I was jet-lagged, I felt dizzy, I needed food and it was the first place I saw, okay?" She half-smiles.

"Okay" I laugh. "Speaking of food, you wanna grab a bite? I'm starved".

"I can't. I promised Ezra I would have lunch at his apartment" she answers.

"Oh, I see. And will you be having dessert, too?" I joke and she looks at me with warning, making me laugh. "Bye. Have fun" I giggle and she grabs her bag and leaves.

*end of flashback*

You would think I was having so much fun there, by the looks of it. But you can't let a pretty picture fool you. If anyone actually cared or bothered to find the truth behind the pretty picture that they see, they wouldn't be fooled so easily anymore.

My phone vibrates and even though I try not to, I can't help but smile when I see her name flash across the screen.

A: Hey I'm really sorry, I can't come over tonight. Ezra's taking me out. See you soon x

S: It's fine. Have fun!

I guess I'm spending another night studying by myself. Yay.

I finish off my last page of notes before closing my book, I've done enough studying for one night. I sigh as I think about the fact that Aria is out having fun and I'm just here, by myself. I need someone to go out and have fun with. Usually Aria and I do that because we're best friends, but now I guess she has someone new to do that with.

My phone goes off and I see that it's from Aria.

A: Ezra cancelled. Can I come over?

S: Of course. We're team Sparia, remember?

I smile at my response. We came up with that name when we were younger. Since then we've always used it to cheer each other up when we're down.

It's not long before Aria walks through my bedroom door, and I can tell by her face that she's really upset. I know how excited she was for this date, and whatever the reason was, it better be a good enough reason or I swear I will hurt him in ways that haven't even been invented yet.

"Aria, I'm so sorry" she runs up to me and sits on my bed. "You look like you could use a little team Sparia time. What do you think?" I wrap my arms around her and she rests her head on my lap. "Do you wanna talk about it now or do you wanna talk about it later?" I ask.

"Later. I need some Sparia time first" she smiles, and so I grab my laptop to watch a movie, and make the fortress of Sparia for us to sit in whilst we watch. We've been doing that since I can remember.

She curls up to me in our fortress of Sparia and we watch The Notebook for the billionth time. We can never get tired of that movie. It's our movie.

*Hey I hope you guys are still reading and if you are are hope you like it.
Sorry I haven't updated in like aaaaaaggeesss, I've been really busy with mock exams and stuff. I'll try and update more often. Thanks again for reading, ily :)

-H xx

I Thought It Would Be Me (Sparia)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara