Sparia Night

Aria's POV

It's been a month since Spencer came home and for the first time in my life I can say that I feel safe and happy with who I'm with. Ezra was great but he never truly understood me like Spencer does; it's like she can read my mind and she knows me better than anyone else.

My biggest regret is taking so long to figure out what the hell my feelings meant. Shes always been my favourite person in he world so how could I not realise what kind of love I felt? All this time she thought she was alone and that her feelings were one-sided; I would do anything to go back and tell her that she wasn't the only one who felt that way. I'm just glad that things are finally okay and that she's happy.

Spencer's POV

Today is our one month anniversary and I am just as relieved as I am excited because my family have been breathing down my neck. Don't get me wrong, I love how much they support me and that they're excited about me and Aria, but I haven't had a lot of alone time with her which is why today is so special to me.

I rummage through the millions of DVDs we have to find some options for tonight. This has to be perfect. Aria and I both agreed that we didn't want to go to a fancy dinner date, but instead do it the traditional Sparia way like we always have. Pizza, movie and cuddling; I love it how it is and I don't want it to change just because our relationship title has (although maybe this time will be a bit more intimate)

Aria's POV

I'm really nervous about tonight and I don't know why. I'm prepared, I've wrapped her present and I've picked my outfit, but I'm afraid that this time will be different because we're not just friends anymore. I don't want anything about it to change because I love our Sparia nights (however maybe some more intimacy wouldn't hurt our tradition).
___________________________

I take a deep breath and knock on the door. When it opens my eyes are exposed to the most beautiful thing I could ever look at. She's wearing a floral dress with a denim jacket and her favourite pair of converse.
When my mouth drops open I notice her trying to hide a shy smile which makes my heart melt.
"You look beautiful" I smile.
"Not as beautiful as you" she returns the smile and opens the door wider to let me in.

We sit down and chat for a while until the pizza finally arrives. I look through the movies Spencer picked while she goes to get plates and glasses.

"Can we watch Legally Blonde again?" I call out.
"I was hoping you'd pick that one" she smirks as she approaches me with a plate of pizza and a glass of ginger ale.

Spencer's POV

I make myself comfortable on the couch but my pulse quickens as soon as Aria cuddles up to me; but this time it feels okay, because now I know that our pulses match.
I put a large blanket over us and play the movie. The both of us smile when the amazing Elle Woods is on screen, which makes us laugh because we both know exactly what the other is thinking.
I notice Aria staring at me from the corner of my eye and I turn towards her.
"What made you pick this movie? You know we've seen it a million times" I laugh.
"I chose it because I know it inside out..." she moves slightly closer to me. "which gives me an excuse to not pay attention to the movie...". Damn that was smooth.
I smirk and lean in closer, not breaking eye contact. I get lost so deep in her eyes that I don't know whether I'm talking in my head or out loud. "You have...galaxies...in your...eyes" I mumble, mesmerised by what's in front of me. My eyes slowly move from the darkest galaxies to the softest, pink lips, and I can feel my face moving closer to hers. Tension keeps building up and I gently connect our lips before I explode. I feel her petite hands make their way to my cheeks and I can't help but pull her closer by the waist.
The kiss deepens and I fall backwards, helping her to stay on top of me. I hold her tighter and our bodies move in sync with each other.
"I love you" she whispers.
"You don't know how long I've been waiting to hear that".
___________________________

When we sit back up the movie gets to our favourite scene. It's the part when Elle questions the suspect about her perm; we always mime along to that scene.

Aria's POV

Once the movie ends, Spencer reaches next to her and hands me a gift that has been flawlessly wrapped with a neat bow on the top. I slowly unwrap it and I can feel her smirking at me. I open the silver box to reveal massive, black earrings with spikes on them.
"You really do know me" I laugh and she joins. I give her a soft peck on the lips and before moving away from her face I whisper a "thank you".
I reach into my bag to take out my not as neatly wrapped present, and place it in her hands. I really hope she likes it.
From the paper she retrieves a book and begins to read the title.
"Beautiful Warrior. Hmm, I've never heard of this one" she smiles.
"No, but you may know the author" I smile back.
She has a look of confusion on her face when scanning the cover.
"...you? You wrote this?".
"It's a story about you. It shows how I see you through my eyes, and how I feel about you" I smile shyly.
"I...you didn't have to do all this".
"But I did. After all that's happened I need to make sure you know exactly what I see when I look at you, I need you to know how I feel because I failed to tell you for six years. You need to know that you're special".
I look up to notice a small tear escape her eye, and I plant a small kiss on her cheek to stop it from falling further; then a slow kiss on her lips.
"I love you" I whisper softly in her ear.
"And I love you" a wide smile takes up the majority of her face and I pull her into a long hug.

*Heyy guys sorry for the long wait but I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Thank you so much for reading and for being so patient with me, you guys really are the best. Don't forget to comment, I really do love reading them! 😊

-H xx