The dream of a game

It began with two simple messages in chat.

TommyInnit has made the advancement [Withering Heights]

Tubbo_ has made the advancement [Withering Heights]

George's head shot up and he immediately locked eyes with Dream across the room. There was a look of horror on his face, easily mirrored by his own.

"Go!" his friend yelled, diving into the chests to equip his armor and mask. "Get them away from the blast radius, I'll go get Sapnap."

George nodded and sprinted out the door, his feet carrying him down the wooden path towards L'Manberg. He wracked his head trying to think of where they could possibly summon a Wither. The mines? If it were, then they'd be too late.

To his surprise, he caught sight of an ominous blue glow behind the ruins of Tubbo's house. Hardly believing his eyes, he veered off the path and onto the stretch of empty land between L'Manberg and the Holy Land. In the grassy plain, a long trench had been dug into the ground. In front of it was the Wither, still small but growing at an alarming rate. As he got closer, he spotted the two teenagers huddled in the trench, but he wasn't the only one who had seen them.

Approaching from the direction of L'Manberg was Wilbur. His face was pale and his blue coat flapped wildly as he ran.

Of course he knew. He had been an Admin, after all.

George reached them first. "What are you doing?" he skidded to a stop on top of the trench, holding his hands out to help them up, "Quick, we need to leave before-"

"HELLO GEORGENOTFOUND." Tommy boomed, "HERE TO WITNESS THE GREAT TOMMYINNIT DEFEAT THE WITHER FOR THE GLORY OF CHURCH PRIME?"

He shook his head, "You need to get out of here! Why did you summon the Wither above ground? Don't you know what it does? There was a reason why Dream-"

"OH DREAM THIS DREAM THAT," Tommy mocked, "C'MON GEORGE, WE GET THAT YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH HIM BUT DON'T YOU EVER HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO TALK ABOUT?"

George sputtered, "I'm not-"

"SURE, GEORGE OF DREAM."

"Don't call me that."

"MAYBE IF YOU HAD A BIT MORE PERSONALITY OUTSIDE OF HIM I WOULD. I WAS AT YOUR LOVE OR HOST, LOVENOTFOUND."

"Tommy-" he groaned and turned to Tubbo, who was usually the more reasonable of the two, "Tubbo, why did you let him summon the Wither above ground?"

"Well I usually spawn it under the End Portal bedrock," Tubbo said, "but since Dream made the End off limits-"

"SHUT UP TUBBO, WE DON'T NEED YOUR COWARD'S METHODS." Tommy hefted his sword and shield, "REAL MEN FIGHT THE WITHER HEAD ON."

"Tommy, what did you do!?" an anguished cry interrupted them. Wilbur stopped beside George, panting for breath.

"OH HI WIL!" Tommy grinned brightly, "WE'RE DEFEATING THE WITHER FOR THE GLORY OF CHURCH PRIME! Also Tubbo wanted a beacon." he added.

"I did not!"

"Yes you did, you said you wanted one so now you're getting one."

Wilbur ran an exasperated hand through his hair, "How did you even manage to get so many skulls?"

"Oh it was easy!" Tubbo shouted, "After Dream destroyed all the blaze spawners, the skeletons began spawning like flies! The mob cap's insane when multiple people are on the server so I've got nine more if you want them!"