chapter one: introduction, the ultimate strategist

Current Song: Sex With a Ghost - Teddy Hyde

[one]

     She couldn't quite believe how carefree everyone was acting. They had been dragged to a random and isolated island without their consent by a weird rabbit-like robot, and no one seemed to really be panicking like she was. At least that kid with the ahoge had enough sense to faint, but everyone else was just calm. It was unnerving and (Y/n) immediately counted them all as insane. Especially that boy with the pale hair, he wasn't normal in the slightest and she could tell. She looked over at the two boys - she had learned their names were Hinata Hajime and Komaeda Nagito - as they spoke. Nagito was going on about hope and Hajime looked like he was already done with their situation. (Y/n) could relate, but she was too busy thinking about what to do to tell him so or to comfort him.

     'Not that I'd be any good at comforting him. I'm pretty useless in that area,' she thinks to herself, a finger pressed to her chin as she analyzed everything that had gone down. Usami wasn't a threat, she knew that much. Sure, it was suspicious, but they just needed to get along and then they could leave this weird school trip behind them, right? The bunny was only around... two feet tall, so if things went south, one of the more athletically talented students could take care of it, (Y/n) was sure of it.

      (Y/n) was shaken out of her thoughts when she heard her name.

     "That's (L/n) (Y/n), the Ultimate Strategist. The message boards said that she could solve any problem just by thinking about it. That's probably what she's doing right now, don't you think, Hajime?"

     Nagito was standing right over (Y/n)'s shoulder, and she wondered, briefly, how he had gotten so close in such a short amount of time. However, she often gets lost in her own thoughts, so it wasn't unlikely that he just walked over while she was thinking. Looking over at the tired-looking boy, Hajime, (Y/n) swears that she's seen him somewhere before. He looked oddly familiar and she didn't like that she couldn't place whether she'd actually seen him before or not. She didn't have the best social skills, so (Y/n) suddenly found herself in the middle of an odd situation. Both Hajime and Nagito were looking at her - almost as if they were expecting something from her. It was terrible for her nerves.

     "Uh, hello. I'm (L/n) (Y/n), but you apparently already knew that. You're the kid who fainted earlier, right? I hope you're alright," face towards the ground, (Y/n) snuck a glance at Hajime every so often, and the action wasn't hard to catch. She was shy, and she overthought everything. Her 'talent' was more like a curse and was the main thing that leads to her overwhelming anxiety. Her anxiety didn't extend to any gender, though, so them being guys had no impact on her exactly, though she'd admit that boys were much more annoying than girls. "The Ultimate Strategist? So you... think of solutions, that sounds like it really comes in handy." Hajime says. (Y/n) perks up at that, raising her head completely this time. Her (E/c) irises focusing on his face. She looked exhausted, and honestly, he couldn't blame her.

     "Anyways... I'm Hinata Hajime, it's a pleasure to meet you, (Y/n)."  Hajime extended his hand, and despite her nagging thoughts telling her he probably had germs on his hands (like most boys did), she grabbed it and shook his hand.

     'He seems really nice... and sane.'

I've only played the games, and I don't even know if SDR2 got an anime, so please keep in mind that I'm going with the plot of the game. Like idk, google says it never had an anime but I've seen clips of them animated so I'm actually clueless

also, I made Chiaki chubby in this book bc it's more realistic. Girl eats nothing but junk food, plays video games, and doesn't like exercise, she'd be a lil chubby, so if you're fatphobic you can leave ()