Chapter 2

Meanwhile, Madeline and Travis reported to Lord Gregory about what happened. They had to make him drink a potion because he was drunk and couldn't talk to them properly anymore. 

When he was calmed, they brought him to a secret room and talked. 

"What? She broke her jar? That crazy kid! Where is she? Did she fix it? Why did you leave her?" 

Lord Gregory angrily scolded the two. They were stunned because his dark aura is starting to show. There was a long deafening silence then Travis dared to speak. 

"We are sincerely sorry, Lord Gregory. Just give us some time and we will find her."

Margaux went near the cottage she saw. She made sure that no one was around, and no one would see her. She started taking small and silent steps towards the door when a woman around her fifties suddenly opened the egress. 

"Who are you?" 

The old woman grasped her on the arms and closed the door then pushed her against it. 

"I- I am Margaux. Lord Gregory's daughter, of the House of Memories." 

Margaux sighed heavily as the old woman let go off her.

 "So you're his daughter, huh?" she said as she walks to her middle table and drinks her wine. 

Margaux nodded nervously, holding the sack tightly. 

"So, how may I help you? What brings you here?" 

The woman sits down and offers her a glass of wine. Margaux took her seat but the woman grabbed her hands.

 "You're bleeding. You must have done something, somehow similar to mine. Let me take care of this." 

She went inside a room to get her things. Margaux started to scan the place and a feeling of dejà vu hit her.

 "Why does it seem to me like I've been here before?" she whispered and then the woman came back. She held her hands and examined it. The old woman then looked at the sack beside Margaux. 

"Did you break your jar?" 

She looked into Margaux's eyes and saw what happened.

Margaux went inside the House during the party to prepare Lord Gregory's bed because he was starting to get drunk. She was planning to send him home earlier than the others because he can be really wild when drunk. She was on her way back to the party to fetch him when she thought of checking her jar. She went inside the room and flicked the light switch on. She stepped on something and a crashing sound came from it. Afraid of that 'something', she looked down with her one eye closed and one open. There she saw a piece of her jar and it's broken. Some other pieces were scattered on the floor and the cap was far from it. She was stunned from what happened then Travis and Madeline came.

"If you did not break it, then who did?" 

The woman asked her and she shook her head unknowingly. 

"This is just a temporary remedy. I don't know if it will work well on you, but it has never failed me. I forgot to introduce myself, I am her. The one who must not be named." 

Margaux unconsciously opened her mouth out of shock, and refused to accept the bottle the woman was handing her. 

"You mean you're Eleanor? Lord Gregory's past lover?" She exclaimed in suspicion. "Yes, exactly! How did you know?"

 Eleanor's mood changed as she put her arm around Margaux's shoulder. 

"You're basically the talk of the town since the day you did 'it'." 

She uncomfortably answered her, as she slowly removed Eleanor's arm on her. 

"Since you already know who I am, I'm going to tell you how to permanently cure your wounds and to stop it from bleeding."

--

"What do you mean; I'm going to reenact everything in her recent past?"

 Margaux stood up in disbelief from what she's hearing. 

"That's the only way to do it. Due to what you have done, the time in the mortal world is currently frozen, suspending all the actions people make. Thus, giving the memory-keepers a day-off because they do not have to collect memories during times like this. That's the House's secret, how come that you didn't know? But... it has a limit. It must be only three days for you to reenact her past two years." 

Eleanor was playing with her hair when she said it. 

"Two years in three days? Are you kidding me? That's too short for Pete's sake!" 

Margaux walked out of the cottage and took her sack.

 "You are so unbelievable. I'm going back to the house!"

"You are over-reacting; you must have got it from Gregory. That temperamental old man! Hey! Come back!" Eleanor screeched at Margaux who was walking her way back to the House. 

"You don't have to do it all! Just the important memories! The ones you're always watching!" Those phrases made her stop from marching away from the cottage. She ran back to Eleanor and hugged her.

 "I love you now. I owe you one."

To be continued...