Chapter Three

A/N- Oops... I haven't updated this in a long time, but I've been busy with uni. Also, I named Eli's mum Jo, so her name would be Jo King. I kinda wish I'd thought of this when I was naming Shea's husband but too late now.

Chapter Three

Toby's pov

I perch awkwardly on a low wall as I wait for Mylo and Elijah to return with the drinks. Looking around, I notice that there are a lot of people here and a large group of kids playing in a corner. Hopefully, I won't embarrass myself in front of my new neighbours. I'd spent a long time deciding which outfit to wear, eventually deciding on a casual short sleeved flannel shirt with red skinny jeans and converse. This was to make a good impression on the people here, not to impress Elijah as Mylo seems to think.

Gosh, Milo and Elijah have been a few minutes now; surely it can't take this long to get two drinks? I hope Mylo isn't saying anything about me, because I really don't need him to try and get me a boyfriend right now.

I look towards the door to see Mylo emerging with two bottles of cider.

"You took your time." I say to him, raising an eyebrow suspiciously as I take my drink. "Thanks."

"Elijah and I were just chatting, he seems like a really nice guy you know." Mylo tells me, making me sigh.

"I'm sure he's great but that's not the issue." I take a long swig of my drink just as a short woman who looked to be in her fifties or sixties appeared.

"You must be Toby and Mylo, I'm Joanne but you can call me Jo. I'm Shea and Eli's Mother." She tells us with a warm smile that reminds me a little of my own mother.

"N-Nice to meet you." I tell her, smiling back politely. "Thank you f-f-for inviting us."

"You don't have to thank me dear. Come and get some food, we have plenty of it." She says as she leads us towards the barbeque. "We have sausages or burgers or chicken."

"C-can I please have some s-sausage please." I ask, blushing when Mylo smirks at my comment and winks at me.

Mylo asks for chicken and Jo puts it on a plate for us. "Sides and buns are just on the table over there, help yourself to as much as you want."

We both thanks her and go to fill our plates up. I grab some ketchup and some crisps before sitting down on an empty bench in the corner, and Mylo sits next to me soon after.

"Cam is going to be so mad he missed out on free food." Mylo tells me with a giggle. Cam is his boyfriend of three years and they might just be the cutest couple ever. I went through a bad time a few years ago and Cam was really supportive, both of them were. They let me move into their spare room for a couple of months while I got back on my feet, although by the time I got my own place I'd walked in on one too many shirtless make out session in the living room to miss them too much. Cam would have come this weekend, but he sadly had to work.

"I mean, just you not being home is like free food for him. He's always complaining that you eat all the snacks he buys." I respond making Mylo pout jokingly.

"He shouldn't buy the snacks I like then. My tummy can't help itself."

I roll my eyes fondly at him before looking around, just as I see a tall man approaching. He appears to be in his mid 30s, his head is bald, but it really suits him.

"Toby?" He asks, holding out a hand and it takes me a second to remember how I recognise this man. I stand up quickly and shake his hand.

"Y-yes. Jason. Sorry, y-you look different in person. Nice to m-meet you in person finally." I blush. Jason is my new boss; we met over video chat when I was being interviewed for the position.