𝟬𝟰. 𝗟𝗔𝗦𝗧 𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗙𝗘𝗦𝗦𝗜𝗢𝗡

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry Kunimi, but your friend has to go," the coach tells him as he walks up to us. "I'm not against her or anything, but if we let her stay then Oikawa's fangirls will soon start piling in the gym, causing a distraction."

"Okay coach," Kunimi sighs. "I'll walk you to the gates to the school Homura."

"Thank you Akira," she gives him a smile and walks away with him.

Once they were out of sight, the whole team turns and stares at me. "What? Do I have something on my face?" I ask.

"Yeah, jealousy," Tobio snickers.

"Shut up Tobio," I smack him. "Come on guys, go change so we could practice." They all nod and run towards the gym. The coach then left to his office to get his game plans, leaving me alone in the gym. I start placing up the net and then I hear someone walk behind me.

"Couldn't you be nicer Kageyama-san?"

I turn around to see Kunimi a few feet away from me with a raised eyebrow. I decide not to respond, knowing that I would show my jealousy even more than I already did. "Oi, I'm talking to you," he hisses. I ignore him, continuing to set up the net.

"Are you deaf or something?" he scoffs. Why the hell is he being so rude? Is it for her?

"G-Go change, p-practice will start s-soon," I respond. Shit. Every time I talk to him, I always stutter. He sighs and leaves to the changing rooms. The whole team soon starts coming out of the changing room and begins to stretch.

"Okay is everyone ready to start?" the coach asks.

"Yes, coach!" everyone responds.

"Y/N go change, you'll also be practicing with us today," he tells me.

"Yes coach, I'll be back in a few minutes," I respond while grabbing my bag and head to the changing rooms. Maybe practice will help me relieve some tension that I have. Volleyball was always my happy place where I could forget my problems. But it doesn't change the fact that I still have them.

 But it doesn't change the fact that I still have them

[ AFTER PRACTICE ]

"Y/N can you stay back a bit to clean up?" the coach asks me.

"Of course coach, I'll be done in a few minutes," I respond. As the team was stretching and cooling down, I was putting away the balls and taking down the net. Once I was done I saw that there was no one left in the gym and grabbed my bag to head out the door.

Great. It was raining and I didn't have a damn umbrella. I remembered that Tobio stole mine when he lost his, he was nowhere in sight. "Damn you Tobio," I muttered underneath my breath.

I grab my jacket to cover myself and my backpack. "I guess I have no choice but to walk in the rain," I sigh.

"Oi, what are you doing?"

I look up to see Kunimi at the entrance of the school with a deadpan face. "G-Going home," I respond. Seriously, what is it with my stuttering around him? I pass by him and start walking home.

"Wait," I heard Kunimi speak. "Here you need this more than I do."

He hands me his umbrella and I look at him with a confused expression. "What?" he asks.

"W-Why are y-you being s-so nice t-to me all o-of a sudden?" I ask.

"I just live a few blocks away so I don't have to walk as far as you do, are you going to take it or not?" he sighs.

"T-thanks," I respond while taking the umbrella from his hand. He soon starts to walk away but I unconsciously grab his hand.

"K-Kunimi I k-know that I t-told you this a b-bunch of times but I won't s-stop reminding you. I l-love you and I h-have for 4 y-years now. If y-you could please g-give me a chance to p-prove my love for you, y-you will realize h-how much you m-mean to me. P-Please give me a c-chance," I tell him.

"I already told you this Kageyama-san. I don't like you. So stop trying and leave this crush alone, It will never happen." he coldly tells me.

"J-Just give me o-one chance," I plead.

"My heart belongs to another," he sighs.

"I-Is it her?" I ask.

"Yes and I plan to make her officially mine soon, so stop Kageyama-san."I felt my heart shatter to pieces right then and there. He plans to make her officially his? Already? So soon? Why?

"A-As long as y-your happy Kunimi... I w-will respect your w-wishes," I mutter.

"Good."

"B-Bye Kunimi. Oh, and b-by the way y-your hair looks nice w-when it's split in h-half," I fake smile at him. He always had a combover but the rain made his hair split into two equal parts making him look cute.

I run away and run as fast as I could towards my home to avoid crying and breaking down in front of him. I didn't turn back to see his face after the compliment I gave him and focused on getting home.

Why Kunimi? Why did you easily decide to give your heart to a girl that you just met after I been working so hard all these years for your heart? Why after all those times I been by your side? Why after all my affection? Why after all my gifts? Why after all these years of showing my care towards you? Why after trying my hardest for you to be happy? Why after all these years? Why did you give your heart to her?