• Maybe Not •

Start from the beginning

"It's difficult, right? Learning this stuff?" Hoh waved his hand, striking up a conversation with her brother.

"Haha... yeah, I actually really don't understand this kind of stuff," Bam scratched his cheek nervously. "But Achim can help me, I might be able to do it."

"That happens when you're new," Hoh shrugged. "I have been practicing though, so I'm just able to do this." He gathered two little circles of shinsu in his hand and twirled it around.

"Woah! That's amazing!" Bam exclaimed, his eyes gleaming. "You're really talented!"

"Not at all," Hoh denied modestly. "This is only the limit of my talent— it's too weak to use in battle. Don't you agree, Laure-ssi?"

Laure merely yawned and simply replied, "That's true, sure."

"I don't think so!" Bam protested. "I think you are very talented—"

"Nope," Laure interrupted. Bam looked at him in question.

"Wha—"

"Hold out your hand, boy," Laure dully instructed. "Now imagine, that the whole world has gathered to become a circle in your hands. Create a circle."

Bam reluctantly held his hand out. Achim's eyes widened when a ball of light flashed in her brother's hand. He... he learned that faster than me! she thought, stunned. Amazing...!

"Eh?!" Bam exclaimed in shock and made the shinsu disappear. Hoh and Achim changed confused expressions and Laure's face was kept stoic.

"That's what you call talent, boy," Laure shot a side-long glance at Bam, walking past him and back to his room. Achim then smiled from ear to ear. Could she possibly reach him some things? Or leave it to Yuga?

☀️ ☀️ ☀️

"Hah... that was so boring!" Khun shouted as he flopped on Bam's bed. "Why is there so much to learn?!" Bam smiled knowingly at the bench next to his bed while Achim knelt at the bookshelf on the bottom, flipping through a selection of books she found interesting.

"By the way, where is Rak-ssi?"

"Oh, the crocodile?" Khun sighed then attempted to imitate Rak's deep and rough voice, "I met him on my way here, he was super angry. 'I'm going to back to the wild, and don't try to stop me turtles!' is what he said."

Achim cracked a smile. Her team was quite comical with Rak around if she does say so herself. Her eyes traveled to the titles of several books that were sprawled in front of her. Legend of the 10 Warriors, Irregulars and Those Who are to be Feared, Origins of Ashul Edwaru, Outside the Tower, Wolhaiksong, and FUG. Achim narrowed her eyes. She knew all about these topics and Jinsung Ha has also informed her about the social organization Wolhaiksong. But FUG? He's never mentioned what that is, she thought to herself.

Curious flipping through the worn-out but legible pages scanning for the word 'FUG', she finally landed on it towards the end of the book. 

FUG, a criminal organization that opposes themselves against the 10 Great Families and Jahad, Achim read, her eyes rapidly digesting the paragraph. FUG is the most dangerous and secretive criminal syndicate in the Tower. Their official members wear the "Mark of the Slayer", which is the symbol of a single red eye, not to be confused with the symbol of Jahad, which had three eyes. Although FUG's true motives are not clearly known, it is true without a doubt that they exist in the shadows of the Tower, hoping to accomplish their objectives. Despite its dangerous status, it does not mean that they hold enough influence to challenge Zahard and the 10 Families. As long as the 10 Great Family Heads hold the contract with the Tower's Guardians, FUG's influence cannot overcome them regardless of how strong the organization gets. Since the group is so secretive, little is known about them from those who aren't in the group itself.