11-Writing an Essay

Start from the beginning

"No I finished it earlier. I can still help you though."

"Okay," he took out some parchment and his quill and showed me what he had so far. He needed a lot of work.

"First off, the cruciatus curse does not allow you to control someone. That's the Imperius curse. The cruciatus curse causes unbearable pain."

"Oh," he took his parchment back and ripped it up and threw it in the fire. "I guess I should just start again then."

He took out a new piece and sighed.

"Sorry I'm this dumb," he laughed.

"You're fine. Snape hasn't even taught us about this yet. I'm just... ahead," I smiled and he began to scribble on his parchment.

"What's the third curse?" He asked.

"The Killing Curse," I said and he looked down. He seemed familiar with it. "You okay?"

"Yeah of course," he said and looked over at someone. I turned my head to see he was looking at Harry Potter. Weasley was most likely imagining about how that curse is what killed his best friend's parents and almost killed his best friend.

"So what do we say for the three curses?" He asked.

"For the cruciatus curse, you say 'crucio'. The imperius curse you say, 'imperio' and I think you know the other one," I answered.

"Right," he said and continued scribbling down what I had said.

"You know, you could easily just read and do things on your own. I'm curtain Evanora has better things to do than to teach you," Granger said and sat next to me on the couch.

"I don't mind. I like getting out of the Slytherin common room. It's pretty dull in there compared to here," I smiled and she sighed.

"Up to you," she said and opened the book she was reading.

"Hermione, did you already finish this?" He questioned her and looked shocked.

"It was a simple essay. I finished it right away," she answered, not even looking up from her book.

"I don't think I need anymore help," Weasley said and thanked me.

"But you only have one page," I said.

"Ronald never finishes things. He only does the bare minimum," Granger scoffed and I giggled.

"Come on, I can walk you back to your common room," Weasly stood up and I followed him out of the Gryffindor common room.

"Thanks for the help," He said as we walked.

"Anytime. You sure you're not gonna finish it? Snape will definitely give you a bad score,"I told him.

"It's fine. I'll have other assignments that can make up for it."

"If you say so," I said and we arrived at the Slytherin common room.

"I'll see you tomorrow," He said and walked away. Before I said the password, I realized I was still wearing his scarf. I quickly took it off and turned around to find him but he was already so far away. I guess I'll just give it to him tomorrow.

"Mudblood," I said and waited for the portrait door to open. I entered and ran right into Draco.

"Where have you been?" He asked.

"None of your business," I said and tried to move around him but he blocked my path.

"What's that," He said and pointed at the scarf I was holding.

I thought for a moment about what to say that wouldn't upset him.

"It's just Weasley's," I said, trying not to make a big deal out of it.

"You already have my scarf, why do you need his?" He questioned.

"He let me wear it in the Gryffindor common room so that I'd blend in better."

"Why were you even there? I told you not to go."

"I went to help him with his DADA essay. It's no big deal. I got a nice break from this common room and I got to go in a different atmosphere."

"Whatever," He scoffed. What is his issue? He is bipolar and gets mad at the dumbest things. I walked off to the girl's dormitory and got ready for bed.

"I just needed help with my essay too and you picked Weasley to help," He explained.

"You never told me!" I said. "Fine let's go work on it together then."

He followed me to a black couch that had just enough room for the both of us.

"Don't you know about unforgivable curses from our fathers' training?" I questioned.

"I don't pay any attention."

"Well you should."

I spent about thirty minutes tutoring Draco about unforgivable curses. I was basically the expert on them and I hoped that now he was too. I gave him just enough, if not more, information for his essay. After our tutoring session, I got up and decided to head to bed. I wished him luck on writing his essay and headed to the girl's dormitory.

If I had turned around and looked at his parchment, I would have seen that his essay was already done. But of course, I was oblivious.

A/N: Not me having the Draco candle (mahogany apple) from Bath & Body Works lit right next to me while I'm editing and writing new chapters....

thanks for reading! Please vote and follow if you enjoyed! -Nessa<3