Nightmare

Nick woke suddenly, unsure of what had woken him. After lying in the dark for a moment however, he heard something.

            'Jeff,' he thought. Nick heard someone groan and immediately stood and turned on the light. He saw Jeff thrashing around and hurried over to him.

            "No! Please don't!" Jeff cried in his sleep.

            "Jeff! Jeff, wake up! It's just a nightmare!" Nick said, trying to wake up his boyfriend.

            "What's going on?" Burt asked, hurrying into the room, Carole, Finn, Kurt, and Blaine behind him. "Jeff, come on kiddo, wake up." Burt put his hand on the blonde boy's shoulder and Jeff's eyes flew open as he shot up in bed. He winced and curled in on himself as his body screamed in pain.

            "Easy kid, easy. Lie back," Burt said gently as he helped Jeff lie down on his pillows.

            "I'm sorry," Jeff said, coughing harshly.

            "Don't apologize Jeff, you haven't done anything wrong," Carole said, passing the boy a glass of water.

            "I didn't mean to wake you all," Jeff said miserably.

            "Don't worry about it dude," Finn said from the doorway, "We'd all be getting up soon anyway."

            "It's five in the morning on a Saturday," Jeff pointed out.

            "Yeah well, Coach Beiste has been on me about getting up in the morning to go running and Kurt's going out with Blaine today and it always takes him forever to get ready."

            "Yeah," Kurt agreed quickly, seeing what his brother was trying to do. "You definitely did Blaine a favour cause I can start getting ready now and then he won't be waiting on me." Jeff smiled at them as he too realized what they were doing.

            "Thanks everyone, really," he said, "And I am sorry." They all smiled at him.

            "I'm going to start getting ready," Kurt said, sensing that Nick and Jeff wanted to be alone. He stood and left the room, pulling Blaine along with him.

            "Yeah, me too," Finn said, following the two boys out of the room. Burt stood and Carole leaned over to kiss Jeff and Nick's foreheads before they went downstairs.

            "Are you okay?" Nick asked his boyfriend as soon as they were alone. Jeff whimpered slightly and turned so his body was pressed against Nick's, ignoring the pain that shot through his ribs.

            "We were back with those guys, but this time they were hurting you and I couldn't stop them," Jeff whispered and Nick kissed the top of his head.

            "Shhh, they're gone, okay? You're safe, I'm safe, nothing is going to happen to you," Nick said calmly. Jeff trembled violently and his shoulder shook as he cried. Nick wrapped his arms tightly around his boyfriend and held him until he'd stopped crying.

            "Come on," Nick said, "Let's go sit you on the couch and I'll get you something to eat, okay?"

            Jeff nodded and stood slowly, trying not to move too much. The pair walked downstairs, holding onto each other in every possible way.

So in the last chapter I mentioned there were four teenage boys living in the house. I wrote this so long ago I'm not sure what the reason for that was and it probably would've made sense if it was Sam living there. But for some reason Sam isn't included in this story at all, instead Blaine is the one there. I don't remember the reason for this, but it was some headcanon I had at the time of writing this so I hope you like it anyway!

Thanks so much for reading! Only two more chapters to go! Let me know what you think!