💻 Technology Makes People Isolated 💻

Blog By: AphroditeJustRanAway

First of all what is technology?

Technology is the set of knowledge, skills, experience and techniques through which humans change, transform and use our environment in order to create tools, machines, products and services that meet our needs and desires.

Listening to all the above all of you will be thinking about its effective and useful side but let me tell you, as much as it is effective, it is also dangerous to us.

We all think that technology has covered up most of the inconveniences that we used to face when it didn't exist  like now we can connect to our loved ones 24/7 with the help of social media apps and it's true but a new study has discovered that it's actually making us feel lonelier. The report suggests that if you spend over two hours a day on social networks, your chances of feeling socially isolated are twice as high.

We often hear teenagers telling about the two lives their live. One is the social media life  that is the fake  and the real life. According to them, social media is a whole new world where they live a new type of life. There are high chances of us meeting people who aren't real, I mean the people who pretend to be someone else and don't show their real side which maybe quiet threatening. One of the major cause of these types of happenings is the  online spaces which are often oriented to performance, status, exaggerating favourable qualities such as by posting only “happy” content and likes.

 One of the major cause of these types of happenings is the  online spaces which are often oriented to performance, status, exaggerating favourable qualities such as by posting only “happy” content and likes

Loneliness can be damaging to both our mental and physical health. Socially isolated people are less able to deal with stressful situations. They're also more likely to feel depressed and may have problems processing information. This in turn can lead to difficulties with decision-making and memory storage and recall.

At last I want to say that technology is one of the major thing that keeps us alive and we should use it to an extent ,overusing it is the door to many problems.