To: Carlos-

Hey Carlos. It's fine. Jessica is here with me. It was getting late and Jessica didn't want to go back in the house because she was scared of you so I took her to my place. She's sleeping right now and she's fine.

A few seconds later my phone started ringing. It was Carlos. This wasn't going to be good. I picked it up.

Me: Hey Carlos.

Carlos: What the fuck James! Jessica is sleeping at your house?! Are you fucking kidding me?!

Me: Carlos. I'm not doing anything bad. She just didn't want to go in her house because she was scared you would yell at her or hit her again.

Carlos: You want me to actually believe that bullshit?

Me: Fine. Don't believe me. You can ask her yourself. TOMORROW.

Carlos: Tomorrow?! Are you fucking kidding me?! She needs to be home now.

Me: Are you out of your fucking mind?! It's 12:30 in the morning!

Carlos: I don't give a shit. She needs to be home now.

Me: Hell no. She's staying here and that's final. She's not going anywhere.

Carlos: James! What the fuck?! I need her ho-...

I hung up the phone and put it down. Suddenly I see Jessica tossing and turning again. Damn. Will this ever stop? I go over to her. Fox whimpers at her. I sit down on my bed and gently shake her.

"Jessica? Jessica? Jessica. Wake up!" I tell her.

She screams and wakes up.

Jessica's POV:

I jolt up and started shaking. I saw James and I jumped into his arms and started rubbing my head against his chest. I feel his grip tighten around me, giving me the feeling of protection. I wanted to cry. I was so scared. Why couldn't the nightmares just go away? I wanted to forgot about that horrible memory. James started rubbing my back.

"Jessica. It's okay." James tells me.

I continue to rest my head against his chest. I wanted to go back to sleep, but I was too afraid. Too afraid to see those faces again. Too afraid to feel the pain I suffered. To afraid to bear the feeling that I'd never see my family or friends ever again. I continued to shake. I wish I could just erase the memory, but it kept coming back to haunt me.

"Jessica. Try and go back to sleep." James tells me, still rubbing my back.

"I don't want to." I reply.

James pulls us apart just enough that we meet each others' gaze.

He brushes my hair away from my eyes.

"Why?" he asks.

"I'm scared. I don't want to see them again. I wish I could erase the memory, but I can't. I'm stuck with it forever!" I reply, tearing streaming down my face.

James wipes the tears away with his thumbs.

"Aww Jessica. It'll go away in time. Don't cry." he tells me.

He lays me down in his lap and wipes away another tear.

"They didn't catch them yet! They can still find me and take me away!" I reply, starting to cry again.

"Jessica don't cry. The police will catch those assholes soon. I promise. I'll find them myself if I have to." he tells me, stroking my hair.

I started fiddling with my leg. These skinny jeans was not comfortable at all. James must have noticed.