𝘔𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘦 𝘕𝘰𝘪𝘳

Start from the beginning

"Heck yeah, dude. What kinda fruit did you feed me today??"

"Yubari King Melon, your dad just got back from Japan and wanted you to have some."

You shrugged and happily continued eating and playing with a lavender flower petal that was floating in your bathtub, but then something clicked, these melons sounded familiar.

"Dang. Wait, aren't these expensive?"

"Eh, $45,000 each, give or take."

"I'm gonna cry, ain't no way dad is out here buying overpriced fruit." You frantically ate the one you had in your hand and reached out for a second one.

"You're still eating it though."

"Bro, I'm so stressed right now, how can I not eat this fucking melon?! It's $45,000," You're practically sobbing at this point while your maid just laughed at you.

A moment of silence interrupted by the occasional sniffling and biting off of the fruit, your maid peers out the window staring at something. . . . or someone.

"What'd you do to Katelyn?" She finished up your hair and sat beside you, waiting for the product to set.

"She. . . . " You wanted to rant, "Snagged. . . . " But now that you're talking to someone else about it, it sounds like YOU were the villain.

"She snagged my hair too much. . . ." Trailing your words, you put down the fruit on the plate and sunk deeper into the bathtub.

"Now that I'm saying it out loud, I kind of feel terrible."

"Not only that but Mom will kill me for ruining the garden." You added

"Because she has a tea party this week?" She softly laughed.

"No, that was a lie. Mom would kill me because I overreacted again." You stretch your arm to grab another melon, but you toppled it over to the ground instead.

"Awe. . . . . " A familiar burrowing pit inside your stomach began to dig.

"I'm sorry." You apologized, all she did was smile sympathetically and patted your head. She picked up the melon and whipped the floor. She got up to throw away the melon and will be back to finish the bath with me.

"I'm not the one you should be saying sorry to." She told.

"Yeah. . . I know." You replied. With one last smile, she headed out of the room, and you were left alone.

Playing with the flower petals in the tub your cheeks tinted rosy pink. Not only did you embarrass yourself again, but you failed to ask or remember what your favorite maid's name was.

You need to stop being cringe, man. . . . . . .

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧

"There you are," Your favorite maid said as she came over to the balcony with you, "How was dinner?"

"You sound as if my parents were there to eat with me this time."

"That sounds lonely." She sat down on the ledge with you.

"Man, I'm just thankful they aren't here, my mom would chew me out after she sees what I've done this time." Your remark made her laugh.

Your room was located at the very top of your house because you loved the night breeze and you were closer to the stars. You and she always stayed up late watching the stars twinkle and naming constellations.

It's been like this ever since you were little, she's like a substitute parent. She may be only one person but she's enough to fill in the two spots.

You stood up from your seat and proceeded to balance off of the ledge, for some sort of entertainment.

"Can I admit something to you?"

"Yeah, is it embarrassing?"

"Very." She laughed.

"Listen, I never got your---" Just as you were about to take another step, you lost your balance.

"Madam!!"

"Holy shit, dude." Was your only response as everything felt so surreal. My stomach began to sink again, but it didn't feel like the other times.

This time, the reason why it sunk wasn't that I'm embarrassed or guilty. It sunk because unlike those other situations, I can't prevent what was about to happen to me now.

Unless some sort of miracle happens.

==✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧==

[A/N]

Ugh, yes. After that half-year hiatus, I'm back to writing this book.

re-writing to be exact.

I was like 15-16 when I made this, and I cringed bc I can feel the quirky girl phase I had when I wrote this:'))

ps. the lyrics do not relate to the story what-so-ever, i just like to add 'em.

(Mademoiselle Noir: A tragedy)

DIAMOND LOVE ~💎