One.

Faye.

        The first week of being in university is always the most urgent. Between orientation and tours and meeting people, it becomes way too over whelming so that you become even more eager for your classes to start. You think back to your first day of real school: Kindergarten. When your mother wrote a note on a brown paper bag to express how much she loves you, and when you thought that you were finally free to go play with the other children, she would hold you back and give you a gooey, nauseating kiss on your cheek. However, when it comes to college things are slightly different.

        Slightly.

        Your mother is still there, and she still gives that gruesome kiss. That pre-autumn chill hits your body causing you to shiver, and the colors of the leaves only start to change. There are, still, people walking around but instead of carrying small notebooks and a pencil, they're carrying mega-books that are longer and wider than Texas. This time you're older and instead of bringing lunch you have money to buy it. You never have to stay in those irritating single-file lines that teachers made you do, and you can choose when to go to your classes.

        From the deep support that my brother gave me, he decided to drop me off at my university after he whole-heartily chose to throw eggs at me when I walked out of my room that morning.

        "Good luck little sis," Ryan said, waving at me.

        "You'll do great!" Aria my brothers girlfriends said, smiling like she really believed that I could do it.

        "Thanks guys," I said waving at them as they drove away.

        I turned around to get a good glance of the place I would be spending my next four years. The late afternoon sun hit the red bricks that formed the face of the beautiful building. It had multiple arch's forming windows and doors, and bright beautiful futures.

        I started walking to the doors when I saw my best friend Emmaline on her phone, and her college books laying lazily in the sun next to her, waiting patiently to be opened.

        "Em!" I said smiling and running up to her, embracing her in a long needed hug.

        "Faye! Did you already register? How many clubs have you signed up for? Did you already make more friends? How are you and Logan?" she said poking me on the arm and winking rapidly.

        "Okay, I'll answer your questions, but you have to tell me how things are going with you and your girlfriend," I said.

        A sad look spread across Em's face, and she didn't have to tell me anything for me to understand. "It didn't work out. But that gives me plenty of room for college guys, and maybe girls," she said, masking her sadness with a smile.

        The sun was a golden ball of happiness that day. The skies were blue and the grass was a vibrant green with a tint of yellow at the hand of the sun. The air was comfortably warm, with the occasional breeze of cold air. Small clumps of students sat on the grass, their eyes glued to the words of books, or enjoying the sun and each others company. Couples sat together locking lips like no one else was there. It was moments like those I wish Logan, my boyfriend, was there.

        More movie opportunities away from California had come up for him and he took them. I remained to stay supportive of course, because I love him and I wanted him to be happy. In the beginning I had cried myself to sleep sometimes, I couldn't help it. The little ache in my heart was still there but I had stopped crying.

        Em and I walked together into the college campus, exchanging looks and sighs at the sight of our future. There were booths for clubs in need of freshman to join. Choir, music clubs, dance clubs, math clubs, a wide majority of sports clubs, and so many more. Em and I looked at each other when we saw cooking club, and laughed because we were thinking of the same thing.