Apologies and Pet Names [Chapter Two]

Start from the beginning

"Julie's chill, she'd support this. You should talk to her, and Alex! That way you don't have to hide this anymore." he suggested. 

Reggie quickly shook his head. "To scary." he refused. 

"Don't you think that you'll talk to them eventually, though?" 

Reggie shrugged. "maybe." 

"Reggie," Luke gave him this look, that made him feel guilty for not telling him sooner. "You should at least consider telling them, okay? But, I'll drop it for now."

Reggie nodded a bit, bringing his thumb to his lip and biting on his nail. 

"How often do you regress?" Luke asked, reaching over beside him and grabbing a beanie. It was the one he had been wearing yesterday. As Reggie started talking, he pulled and adjusted it over his head. 

"Um...kinda often? I come close to it happening a lot and then kinda push it down, because m' with you guys a lot." his voice reduced to a mumble, and he nervously glanced at Luke. 

"Oh...well now that I know, maybe I could cover for you! Like, help you sneak out so you can.. do that more.." he offered with hesitancy. 

"You'd do dat?" Reggie cursed himself for the slight baby talk, the look on his face switched from nervousness to hopefulness. 

"Of course, if it's possible then I will! I just need you to let me know when you're regressing somehow, and I'll try my best to get you away."

"Mkay," Reggie muttered, hugging himself a bit. "Thank you."

"Are you- are you regressing again?" Luke asked, looking him up and down. His voice was slightly babyish, he was hugging himself, and he was not to far away from sucking his thumb. Reggie shrugged a bit. Luke gave his a skeptical look, and he shyly nodded. 

"Awe..do you wanna play, like we did yesterday? Alex is with Willie and Julie's supposed to be at Flynn's house." Luke offered. 

Reggie still seemed nervous. "Don't wanna." He shook his head defiantly 

"Are you sure that you don't want to?" Luke asked. 

"I don't wanna!" Reggie whined, almost shouting. He huffed, shifting to face away from him. 

Luke dropped his teasing smile, seemingly concerned for the boy. "Reg, what's up?" he spoke softly, tapping on his shoulder to convince him to turn back around and face him. On the other side, Reggie's face took over a guilty pout, due to him feeling bad for shouting at Luke. 

He shook his head lightly again, pulling his shoulder away from Luke's hand. "Rockstar-"

Luke was cut off when Reggie quickly turned around and basically jumped onto him, trapping him into a hug. He buried his head in his chest and squeezed him tightly. He almost pulled away and apologized, but Luke tightly wrapped his arms around him once he realized what had happened. 

"You're okay, sweetheart. You're completely safe with me," he promised,swaying a bit in his spot, loosening up his arms after a few moments. Reggie pulled away after a bit, wiping at his eyes. "Why're you crying, Rockstar?" 

"M' sorry! Didn't mean ta yell," he bit at his lip in a nervous way, like he expected Luke to be mad at him. Luke's face softened more, giving him a look of sympathy. 

Why was he so good at this? 

"No one is mad at you, baby. Don't worry, you just got a little upset, hmm?" 

Reggie nodded a bit, seemingly confused. Luke wasn't mad at him. But he had yelled? 

His parents hated it when he did that. He'd get in trouble. He didn't like getting in trouble. 

"Not mad?" he mumbled, looking up at him with nervous eyes. Luke shook his head.

"No, Reg. I'm not mad at you." he assured. 

Reggie didn't seem convinced. "You were scared because you didn't want anyone else to walk in, and I pushed it so you got upset. It's understandable, and I'm not mad."

"Mkay..." he trailed off. He shifted in his place. "Can..um.." he trailed off. Luke seemed like he wanted to know what he was asking for, silently urging him to keep going. 

"Play?" he finished after a pause, looking up at him with still nervous, but also hopeful eyes. Luke's face broke out into a smile, and he reached beside him for Reggie's little plastic box. 

"Of course, Little Rockstar." 

--

"Luke, look!" Reggie pushed his little green car across the floor. Luke sat in a crossed leg position on the floor across the room from the little. Reggie had aimed the toy car in Luke's direction, an it quickly zoomed across the studio and into Luke's leg. 

"Ouch!" he pulled his leg back and picked up the car. Luke set up the car so that it'd go in Reggie's direction, and he glanced up to see Reggie pouting. 

"Didn't mean to hit you! You okays?" he asked, seemingly worried for the mentally older band member. 

Luke smiled at him, chuckling a bit. "Darling, a little toy isn't gonna hurt me much. I'm fine," he looked back down at the toy, straightening it out a bit so that it'd actually make it to Reggie, instead of zooming past him. "You ready?" he asked. 

Reggie nodded, bringing his thumb to his lip and biting on his nail. Luke smirked, pushing it with a lot of power. Reggie barely managed to stop it with his hand before it hit his leg. He giggled, his nose scrunching up. Mindlessly, he let his thumb sit in his mouth and he sucked on it lightly. 

"Baby, I don't think you should do-" Luke paused. He was gonna say something about that being unhealthy for his teeth. But they're dead, so he didn't know if that mattered. It was to late, Reggie had already pulled his thumb out of his mouth, pouting lightly. 

"m' sorry!" he said quickly, closing in on himself in the same nervous way he did earlier. 

How many times was he going to say "I'm sorry" before he realized that Luke wasn't going to get mad?

"You're okay, bud." Luke stood up, walking across the room and moving to sit down next to him. He wrapped his arm around Reggie's shoulder. In response, Reggie laid his head on his shoulder. As soon as he realized what he did, he went to pull his head up, but Luke interrupted his actions.

"You can put your head there," he assured. Reggie hesitantly put his head back down, mumbling a thank you. After a few moments, Luke spoke again. "Do you wanna go on a walk or something? Just you and me?"

Reggie shrugged, bringing his thumb back to his lip. He saw Luke looking at his and pulled it away quickly with an apologetic look. 

"I'll take you to the park!" Luke decided, distracting him from any sort of guilt he had in the moment. His face lit up and he smiled. "There's this one that no one goes to for some reason, but it's really cool! If you want, and you're good, we can go." he offered. 

Reggie nodded his head quickly, straightening up an lifting his head off of his shoulder. "Let me leave a note for Julie, just so she knows we're safe." Reggie looked nervous. 

"I'll tell her that we went to the beach or something, don't worry." he assured, ruffling his hair before standing up and walking over to the piano, where his song-writing notebook sat. He opened it, picking up a pencil and scribbling down a note. 

He left it sitting open so that Julie would be able to see the note, setting the pencil down and turning around so that he was facing Reggie. 

"You ready to go, rockstar?"

Reggie nodded. Luke approached him, reaching his hand out for the other to take. 

Reggie took it, letting Luke do the work of poofing them out to whatever park they were going to. He was excited, he had never gone out and done anything like this before.

He hoped that it'd be fun.