Toy Cars and Little Rockstars [Chapter One]

A/N:Hi! this a warning for Reggie crying, being scared, and feeling guilty for small things. I'm not sure if that needs a warning, but just know that there's an emotional little in this chapter, but he also giggles and plays a lot so it evens out!

--

Reggie hated having to hide this part of himself. 

The weirdest part was, he might not of had to hide it, but he still did. He knew that his band mates were some of the most supportive people on the planet, but he was so afraid that they'd hate him for this. 

They'd call him weird and Julie would kick him out of the studio. Or worse, she'll kick him out of the band and replace him. 

His eyes glossed over at that thought, and he felt like closing in on himself. "Reg? Are you okay?" Luke interrupted his anxious thoughts, causing him to glance up and nod his head quickly. 

They were all sitting around the table in the studio. Alex was in the chair, Luke and Julie were on the couch. Reggie sat on the floor, and he had zoned out of the conversation in favor of letting anxious thoughts bounce around his head and terrorize him. 

Luke's arm was around Julie, and Alex wore one of Willie's t-shirts. He wished he had someone who cared about him like that. 

At the perfect moment, Luke patted the seat on the other side of him. "Come on, it's not like you haven't cuddled with me before." It was almost like he could read his mind. Luke didn't have that ability, of course, but he did know his friend well.

Reggie didn't reply verbally, glancing at Julie, who moved her head in a quick 'come on' nod. Luke saw that he was looking at Julie and spoke up again. "I have two arms. I can cuddle two people." he assured. Reggie hummed, still not speaking aloud as he stood up and climbed to sit next to him. Luke wrapped his arm around his shoulder, and Reggie leaned back onto his arm and the couch. 

He felt much more comfortable with the extra affection, but he was still anxious. Maybe it was because that thing was happening. 

Age regression, as the internet put it. When he'd feel like a kid again, and he couldn't do anything about it. 

There was very few times where he'd willingly act that way, and it was always when he was alone, or just so excited about something that he didn't want to act like a mature teenager.

The point was, the majority of the time, he had no say in when it happened, and he'd have to push it down until he could get somewhere where he could be by himself. He had a few to go places, random locations that the boys could probably find him if they needed to, but they wouldn't come looking unless they were super worried. Just like him, they went off and did whatever sometimes. 

That 'whatever' time was a second to step away from the real world and just breathe. A second to be in whatever their happy place was. 

For Luke, that was time writing music with Julie, and hanging out in magical-feeling places for inspiration. For Alex, that was time with Willie, and going to calm places to get away from anxiety. 

For Reggie, it was age regressing and playing bass, and hanging out in places that reminded him of the better parts of his childhood. Of course he had other ways to deal with stress, and he honestly wished this specific coping skill would go away, but it didn't seem like it would be any time soon. 

Pushing it down felt bad. He felt guilty for not being open about it in the first place, he'd feel stressed because pushing something like that down is hard. He wanted to be held, and told that this thing he did was completely okay.