chapter 2- what now?

Me and Emma are sitting in her car waiting on someone to brake into my office. We have been sitting here for about two hours and I'm starting to think no one is going to brake in.
I look over at Emma and to star a conversation I say "so this is what you used to do for a living? Sitting in your car for hours on end and Drinking stale coffee?" She looks at me and responds by saying. "Yah, pretty much...you don't like it?"
"it's pretty boring but, it's fine." I smile

I look at her and take a deep breath. I want to ask her a question. But I don't want to hear the answer I know she'll give. But I ask anyway. "Was he happy?" She looks at me confused. After a pause I ask again "Henry, was he happy? Did he have friends?"
" he didn't really have any friends. He wasn't happy ether. He would smile but he knew he was missing something or in this case someone." She gives me a sympathetic smile

I smile knowing he still needed me to be there for him. As much as I love Emma, Henry was the first person to believe in me. He made me feel loved. He gave me happiness. And then he brought my soulmate to me. I love my son and with all my heart I know without him I would ether be terrorizing someones kingdom or dead.

Still thinking about Henry, Emma taps on my shoulder and "look!" She points. I look up and see a shadowy figure destroying my office.

We get out the car and rush to my office. When we get in I quickly turn off the alarm to the sucerity system. Emma waits on me then we rush into my office. When we walk in it's pitch Black and we can hear glass  crunching under our feet.

We start to hear movement in the corner. We turn to see who it is but as soon as Emma points her flash light at them they poof away.

Emma and I both look at each other in confusion. "I thout you said this place was enchanted with blood magic?" She asks confused "it is" I respond just as confused as she is." Then how did they poof out?"  "I don't know? This is fucking great!" I say growing aggravated

" hey, calm down."
"I can't. I need my memory back. And when I find out who took it I will rip there heart out!!" I say now feeling anger " it's ok, well find them." Emma grabs my shoulders and tries to comfort me.

"I'm sorry Emma, for everything! For yelling, for marring someone els... The list is endless. For trying to keep Henry away from you when we first met.-" I start to babble from regret.

"it's ok, everything is. You don't have to keep apologizing about your marriage. We aren't together anymore. You moved on it's ok. That's what people do."

" but that's the thing Emma, I know for a fact I should be dead right now" I feel my eyes start to water.
"what do you mean?" Emma asked with a shared voice

"Without Henry...I have nothing to live for. I couldn't have just moved on. You and Henry are all I have. Without you two my world would end." I say trying to stop a tear from falling.

Emma pulls me close and lays her head on mine."maybe you found something to live for. You probably found someone who loves you as much as I do."
" you still love me?" "how could I not?"

Without thinking, I pull Emma into a quick kiss. Emma pulls away. After a short silence Emma sighs " you're married"
" technically I'm not, he or she probably doesn't even know there married." I Quickly respond

"I can't just take you away from someone, it's not fair to them."
"it's not fair to us, I love you. I can't stay in a marriage thinking about you 24/7"

" you don't know if you love you love them or not. You don't remember."

"I don't need too. You see? If I loved them I would feel a sense of loss, like I was missing someone, but I don't."

She sits in silence."It's still not fair, Regina" she mumbles. "what about you? It's not fair for you to just see me walking around with someone else."

"Ill just have to live with it, I don't think we should work together anymore." She starts to storm out my office

" what? You want me to just step aside and forget about all this?" I yell as she walks out

"I think you should find out who your husband or wife is." She says stopping at the door. "I can't just forget about us, Emma." I say with tears starting to form again.
"it will be ok, maybe you don't love them. Then maybe there can be an us. But for right now there is someone out there who loves you." She gives me a kiss on the cheek and walks out.

I slowly walk over to my desk and sit down. When I sit down all I can do is cry. Now I have no one. Once again I'm all alone. Emma has left me, my son doesn't remember me , and I dont know who I'm married to.