"I suppose."

"Besides. You act like it isn't possible to care about both, and it totally is," Hailey stated. "Like with Ryan."

"Please," Vinny snorted. "Ryan has the IQ of a frisbee, and he asks you to do homework. Be careful with that by the way."

"He's growing, and besides you know me, I wouldn't help him if I thought he was taking advantage of me."

      "I know," Vinny agreed. "I just worry."

       "Well don't," Hailey said with finality. "When are you meant to see Lucas?"

      "7:30, why?"

      "Cause I'm meant to see Ryan today, so I'll call you after to update you, and make sure you didn't kill Lucas. I want to know all about it, I'm very excited," Hailey said.

"What?"

     "Anytime you see an attractive person I get excited."

      "There's nothing exciting about today." Vinny stated, then added "For me at least. You can still have fun."

     "You didn't deny that he's attractive this time." She said, and Vinny let it hang silently in the air for a moment.

"I don't..."

"You hesitated!" She cheered.

"I didn't..."

"Tell me how it goes!"

"Nothing interesting is going to happen besides us fighting." Vincent argued.

"I don't know I get a vibe from him. Be careful," And with that she hung up.

      Vincent sighed and looked around the room. Dustin had been out for a few hours and Vincent was glad to see him come back to have some company, but Dustin offered little more than a quick wave before putting in his headphones and going to game on his computers.

      Vincent didn't have much homework, so he contented himself with reading for the few hours he had to kill. He had just freshly gotten himself comfortable when there was a knock at the door. Vincent opened it to find Lucas leaning against his doorway.

     "Hey. How're you?" Lucas greeted kindly. He was in a soccer crewneck sweater, and he had his blonde hair pushed up out of his face.

    "Fine. I've just got to grab my..." Vincent's voice faded out as he grabbed his coat, and quickly wrapped his green scarf around his neck.

     "Hi. You're back." Lucas smiled.

    "Dude, I'm just about to go for dinner and you can come if you-" Dustin began before stopping as he reached the door. "Is that Marshall? Like the soccer player? You're my favorite player."

     "Well it's always nice to meet a fan," Lucas smiled cockily.

      "Totally, you wouldn't by any chance want to come to dinner with my friends and I, would you?"

     "We could stop for dinner, right Vinny?" Lucas looked down at Vincent with a grin plastered on his face.

      "No no. We've got to get to studying. Very important. Let's go." Vincent grabbed Lucas' arm and led him into the hallway.

     "Well it was great to meet you! Hopefully we'll be seeing each other again soon!" Lucas called back and Vincent shut the door. "He was nice."

       "Yes, very nice, but we've got places to be so..."