Part 03: Town

Taking a carriage to town was not an easy feat. Especially if one is in a carriage with the Duke's symbol on it, the red rose. Commoners and nobles of lower status would just stopped walking immediately to look up at the carriage as it pass them.

"They do this every time the carriage pass into town."

I had whispered but my personal maid heard me.

"It is because it is rare to see a carriage that belongs to the His Grace, Duke of Evelon, going around in town."

What she said wasn't wrong though.

I had always been studying since I was young and never went shopping. Even when I was reborn, I hardly ever left the Residence. This was one of the rare days I felt like going into town.

Calista, on the other hand, doesn't like to go out, previous life or not. She rather just surround herself with her books, art supplies and tea.

If she did feel like going to town, she wouldn't ride the carriage: I had banned her from riding it when she was younger since I was afraid she would embarass the red rose stigma.

Hence, she began to ride a horse with one of the Knight from the Knight's Order, who is the trusted aid of Prince Harry.

Sir Joseph Oakwood was a handsome man. I had seen him about twice in my previous life. However I haven't gotten the chance to meet him in my current life since I was trying to steer clear of all the princes.

Maybe I should have fallen in love with him instead in my previous life. He was quite a brilliant man, and one that is very gentlemanly.

I chuckled to myself, earning a worried look from my maid.

Finally, the carriage stopped in front of the dress shop that I frequently went to: The Rosebud. It used to be a rundown shop that I, if I was still my arrogant self, would never have visited but since I had turned over a new leaf, I tried it out.

I began to frequent the shop, as they provide unique designs that suits my taste. Even if they quality wasn't as superb as well known shops, they were good and affordable.

Ever since I started buying and wearing their dresses, lots more people visited. Hence the shop was named as a tribute to me.

Excitedly, I exited the vehicle with ease and hopped into the shop with the brightest smile.

"Isabella! I have arrived~!"

I announced my arrival so happily that I didn't realised Isabella, the owner of the shop, was occupied by a young man that seemed so familiar. I gasped when I neared them.

"Sir Joseph Oakwood?!"

The man in question turned around and looked at me, questioning if I had just called him. When he saw my face, he immediately bow with respect.

"Lady Ashley of Evelon, it is a honour to meet you."

I was stunned. I had remembered that we have not officially met yet since he has no need to accompany Calista in this life. I raised a hand to my face to conceal my shock as I nodded my head in respond to his greeting.

"As am I. I heard about you from Prince Harry. He has lot of praises for you."

I could see how flustered the young man had become as he stuttered on his words.

"His highness, Prince Harry, loves to exaggerate my skills. Please don't trust his words!"

"You seem to be very close to him though."