***

"Hillcrest." (Y/N) breathes out. "Is this the right place?" She questions Joel, who was studying the map.

Gunfire in the distance makes her nod her head. "Yeah, definitely the right place. That's gotta be Tommy?"

"We're about to find out." Joel groans, loading up his rifle.

(Y/N) grips her bow in one hand and was twirling the knife she had used to kill Jordan in the other. With a playful smirk, Joel takes her bow from her, pulling back the string. "You still use this old thing?"

"Still alive aren't I?" She counters, taking it back from him and patting his cheek.

They cross the town, taking out any patrols of the WLF they would come across that would try and stop them from reaching their targets. (Y/N) was collecting arrows along the way and at the top of the stairs, her eyes mirror the blackened smoke erupting from the green foliage of the setting.

"Oh shit. Hope you did that, Tommy." Joel mutters.

The group make their way towards the smoke, cautious and on edge. Once there, Dina is the first to jump over the wall, eyeing the burning debris that had created the amount of smoke.

An arm wraps around her neck, the hand over her mouth as the couple drop beside her, their weapons at the ready but are instantly lowered.  

"What the fuck are you doing here?" (Y/N) questions.

Jesse leans against the wall, breathing heavily but with a small smirk. "Did you think I'd let you three deal with this?"

"Fan out, they went this way!"

At the sound of the voice, all four of them load up, getting into a fighting stance when Dina notices Jesse limping and wincing slightly.

"How hurt are you?"

"I'll be okay. Your friends out there rushed me. No warning, no nothing." He whispers.

"That's what friends are for." (Y/N) mutters, earning a nudge from Joel and she sighs. "Did you come alone?"

Jesse gives her a goofy grin and a slight shrug. "You can give me shit about it later."

With a roll of her eyes, (Y/N) slaps the back of his head, scoffing as he rubs it. "Ow!" He complains and she points. "You're a fucking idiot."

The pair join Dina and Joel at the window, studying the truck outside and Jesse points to it. Joel looks at him, an incredulous look on his face. "That's your plan?"

"We need to get some distance."

Taking out the patrol, Joel gets into the driver's seat with (Y/N) by his side. Jesse and Dina climb into the back and Joel tries to start it up just as they're spotted by the WLF.

The teenagers at the back use their advantage whilst (Y/N) was yelling at Joel to get them out of there. The car starts up, but they don't move and she turns back to see him being choked by someone who had smashed his window in.

"Joel!" She shouts, leaning across and sticking the knife in his neck, pulling it out to let his body crumble.

Joel reverses into the soldiers and takes off, being followed by trucks. He hits into the side of one, making them veer into a pole as the car with the WLF catches on fire.

(Y/N) leans back, bringing her boot hard onto the glass in front until the whole window comes off. "Go!" She yells, shooting as infected join in.

Joel reverses and distracted, (Y/N) misses the infected that leans in a grabs her. She pushes it away, trying hard for it not to bite her and Joel panics, pulling the knife from her hand and bringing it through it's mouth, sending it sprawling back and the blood spraying across her face.