R E N O V A T I O N S

Start from the beginning

We were turning Lucius' old office into Narcissa's knitting room with the help of Mrs. Weasley.

The manor is full of everyone right now; Ron, George, Ginny, and Harry were trimming the bushes in the backyard; Blaise and Enzo were repainting the kitchen; Hermione and Onyx were removing any pictures that had Lucius in them around the manor, while Luna placed small Fortune crystals around the house.

Worlds were colliding and helping one another; life is going great.

"Thank you, again, Molly," Narcissa said as she stuffed parchment files into a large black garbage bag.

"Oh, please. It's my pleasure," she responded, dusting the large desk and book case of the office.

"I've always wanted to knit, y'know," Narcissa smiled, "I just-. Never had the time."

"You had all the time, Mum," Draco interrupted, "You just had no one to give you a shove towards arts and crafts until you stopped by the Burrow."

Narcissa laughed. "Yeah, well I guess you're right!"

Draco and I were in charge of painting the walls while Narcissa and Mrs. Weasley threw away letters and muck in the office.

"This office is abnormally large," Mrs. Weasley beamed, scanning the room, "I could fit my whole family twice in this room."

"Please, Molly. I'd rather live somewhere small. Large homes were never my cup of tea, really," she responded, "We're going to need more plastic bags."

I dipped my paint brush into the bucket and continued painting as the two greatest mums alive conversed. Draco was on the other side of the room.

I looked down to realize that I was running out of paint.

"Um-. Draco?" I called out from across the room.

He stopped painting and turned around. "Yes?"

"Do you have any more paint?" I asked.

He looked down at his bucket and turned right back around.

"No, not really," he responded, "You?"

"Me neither-. I'm running out of paint."

"No more paint?" Narcissa huffs, "Molly could you come with me to go get more supplies?"

"Where to, love?"

"Diagon Alley," she responded.

"Of course!" Mrs. Weasley

"Awesome," Narcissa smiles, "We'll be back-. What color is it again?"

"Dark purple," Draco and I said in unison.

He smiled at me shortly after.

"Alright-. I don't know why I bloody asked, the damn color is already on the wall," Narcissa giggled.

"Shall we?" Molly said, as they both walked out the office.

I continued painting the walls dark purple with the paint I had left.

"Merlin's Beard, this paint smells like grape!" I exclaimed, painting onto the wall with swift strokes.

To the corner of my eye, Draco walks over to the door and closes it.

Then locks it.

"Does it?" Draco asked softly.

As I painted, I could feel him walk closer to me.

I kept looking straight.

His hands gently grasp my waist as I paint, pulling me closer to him.

"Draco," I said, "I'm painting-."