Chapter 4-A new chapter in life

-Alissa-
"Mom?" Alissa yells, she had just come home from school and the entire house was dead quiet. Her mother was nowhere to be found. She wasn't in her rocking chair, the only thing there was bottles of beer surrounding the chair. Alissa furrows her brows.
"MOM? MOM? WHAT HAPPENED? OH MY GOD!" Alissa runs over to her mom who was on the floor. She checks her mother's pulse, no pulse. Alissa froze, not knowing what to do. She knew this day would come but a day before her 17th birthday? She couldn't deal with it. Alissa calls the police.
"911, what's your emergency?" The dispatcher asks.
"U-Um my mom, I just came home from school and I found her lying on the ground outside my room. She doesn't have a pulse! I-I don't know what to do!" Alissa stammers into the phone, she was shaking and her eyes welled up with tears.
"No pulse? Okay, don't touch her body. I am sending an ambulance to your house now so I need your address."
"xxxxxxxx street, #xxx-xxxx" Alissa says, walking around in circles outside her house.
-20 minutes later-
The ambulance arrives. Alissa watches her mother's body get carried into the ambulance in a stretcher. Tears stream down her face as she thought of what would happen to her. She was gasping for air as her crying got harder. A paramedic comforts her. They rush to the hospital, paramedics trying to revive Alissa's mother. It didn't work.
-2 Hours later-
"I'm sorry." The doctor walks out, no. No, no, no this can't be happening. Alissa thought.
"No," she sobs. A CPS personnel walks to her ,
"Are you Alissa Robertson?" The CPS personnel, Lila asks Alissa with a small, pitiful smile on her face. Alissa nods, wiping away her tears. Lila explains to Alissa that she needs to be put into an orphanage. Lila drives Alissa home so she can pack. Alissa enters the empty house. Alissa knew she has a father who's still alive but she doesn't know where or how to contact him. Did she want to live with him? No, yes, Alissa doesn't know. She's still hurt that her father left even though that was 15 and a half years ago. Alissa thinks she'll never be able to forgive him no mater how many times he apologises to her, no matter how many "sorry"s he will say, she just can't bring herself to forgive him but Alissa doubts he'll ever apologise.

Getting snapped out of her thoughts by Lila calling her name, Alissa quickly packs, as usual, pushing all the negative thoughts to the back of her mind where the other pessimistic thoughts were packed in loads and loads of boxes.

Moving into an orphanage wasn't as hard as Alissa thought, she thought it would be harder but it was not what she expected. Alissa never had many friends from the start and she didn't care much about being alone either so when she got to the orphanage, the last thing on her mind was making friends.

It's a new start for Alissa, a new chapter in life.