March 1994

^the outfit she tries on

Alex walked into Lara's house, noticing his bandmates sitting in the living room. The twin's parents weren't home, at work or something like that, which is why Bobby and Luke were in the living room playing Nintendo, Reggie was waiting for his turn.

"Uh, hey Alex?" Reggie asked, noticing the blonde's frantic look.

"Where's Lara?"

Bobby responded distractedly, "Uh, in her room, she said something about her mom yelling at her for it being messy, so she has to clean it, something like that." Alex knew Lara's room was always clean so he knew the real reason why she was in there: waiting on him to see how it went. Alex rushed to his best friend's room, throwing open the door.

"Luke, I told you I don't-Alex, come in, shut the door," Lara turned around from her desk, noticing who actually walked in.

Alex shut the door and gave Lara a look.

Lara sat on her bed, patting the spot next to her, "How'd it go?"

Alex sighed and sat next to her, grabbing her pillow and hugging it. Lara grabbed the pillow out of his hand and gave him a hug instead. Alex hugged her tightly in response.

"I actually did it. I told my parents I was gay. I can't believe I actually did it," Alex tightened his grip on the girl.

She rubbed his back, just being there for him, "I'm so proud of you."

"They actually took it ok," Alex pulled back and ran a hand through his hair, "My dad wasn't the happiest but I think they already knew so they weren't too surprised." Lara nodded, grabbing his hand in support. "But I'm glad I finally did it. Sunset Curve is getting bigger and bigger and I needed to stop hiding who I was, especially to my parents."

"I will always support you, Alex, in everything you do. I am so proud of you, I know how scared you were."

"I know Lars, and thank you for always being there for me. I know the others aren't exactly the best at dealing with emotions, so I'm glad I have you."

Lara grinned and laughed, "Well what kind of best friend would I be if I wasn't there for you at all times?" This made Alex laugh. "But I'm glad I have you too. I think I would have gone mad without you."

The two laughed. The door opened and Luke, Bobby, and Reggie all walked into Lara's room.

"Uh, party crashers over here," Lara pointed at the intruders.

Luke sat at Lara's desk, "We heard laughing, and we also wanted to know what you guys were talking about-"

"No Luke said he was done playing after I beat him-" Bobby sat on the floor leaning against her bed. Reggie joined Lara next to her on her bed.

"I did not. You cheated!"

"I did not cheat, you just don't know how to play the game-"

"Boys," Lara laughed. This made Luke and Bobby shut up, for a change.

Alex sighed and ran a hand through his hair again, "I came out to my parents today."

"Wait really?" Reggie looked to him.

Alex nodded his head.

The other three boys went into rounds of several phrases, "I'm so proud" "I'm so happy for you" "how's it go" "are you ok" you know things like that. Alex and Lara laughed.

"Ok ok. Yes, I actually did do it this time. It went ok I think. I'm really glad I did it. They may not be super happy with it, but they accepted it and that's what matters," Alex had a small smile on his face.