IV. Empty Promises

She released me right after my agreement. But not without-

"See you later, my toy." Those words. I hated them. However, I only have to deal with it all once. When I tell my mom.... she'll transfer me to another school.

I wrapped my arms around myself and shivered. When the nurse walked over to my side, I glared at her and threw some sort of medical item.

She just stood there like a damn fool.

I stood up and put my backpack on before grabbing my pen and notebook. "Hey, let me treat those w-"

I looked back at her with a sharp glare, which was enough to make her step back. I hurried out of the office before she could think up a reason for me to stay.

I looked up at a clock to find that it was already past midday. This was enough to make me wonder just how long I was asleep.

I breathed out a soundless sigh and dug in my pocket. I pulled out the paper with a list of my classes and started looking around. I wasn't quite sure which I was supposed to be in at the moment, so I decided to look for each of my classes one by one.

It didn't take long to find the first two, but I soon realized that over ten minutes had passed in searching for my third. I turned around and began double checking the class numbers I had checked before.

There was a possibility that I had simply overlooked it. Thankfully, I didn't have a whole city of students to traverse around, but I still found it difficult.

I thought for a bit after confirming that I hadn't overlooked the room. Honestly, I have no sense of direction. F-forget I said that.

I spun on my heel and started walking again... only to bump into someone yet again. Instead of me falling, like last time, I felt a pair of soft arms caught hold of me. I closed my eyes and faced the floor.

This feeling is oddly warm.

I hadn't even noticed the cold air lingered around me. It's cool fingers traveling slowly along my arms. I breathed in a fragrant scent before realizing where I was.

"Am I that warm?" Asked an unfamiliar voice. I looked up into dark blue eyes. They were so dark that I nearly mistook them for being the colour black. Though, these eyes were no match for her black hair. That which stretched to the middle of her back.

I could only nod in response to her question as I took a step back. Try as I might, there would be no way to hide my burning face, even behind the hood of my jacket.

With that, I earned myself a small chuckle. Were they laughing at me? Am I that... weird? All I could do is pull one hand away from the hood of my jacket and apologize in sign language.

"I'm sorry," came the voice again. "I do not understand sign language." At that, I lowered my hand and looked back up at the person who spoke.

I thought for a bit before remembering something. I dug in my backpack and pulled out the notebook I used for communication. I grabbed the pencil that was attached to it.

"Oh, can you not speak?" The girl in front of me asked. "I thought you might've just been a mute..." she gave me a troubled look. "Isn't it hard to communicate like that?"

When I was about to respond, a certain familiar voice called out.

"Oi! Hands off her!" I turned around to see Raven glaring at the one in front of me. "Faron, I've already marked her."

The girl in front of me, who's name seemed to be Faron rolled her eyes at that. "I see no such markings on her. You just want her cuz I've set my sights on her."

Raven sighs at that and shakes her head. She walked over to my side and wrapped her arms around me from behind. She had a soft touch that seemed to calm my thoughts.

"Ugh, fine, whatever." Faron says with an annoyed growl. "I've got my own toys anyways. Not like any of them matter."

Raven sighed at that and grabbed my hand. "Don't trust her," she says before pulling me away from her.

I didn't realize it until then that my new highschool life was about to get complicated.