XX. Negative Emotions

It didn't matter that we could be seen by so many people. It didn't matter that we couldn't be together. If there was anything that could make me feel just that little bit better, it was this.

What was meant to be a simple kiss, turned into something more passionate. Something that held months of longing. A type of longing that yearned to return to days past.

I held onto Chloe tightly, her arms wrapped around me with the soft touch of her skin. It wasn't long at all before I felt her tongue against mine, the taste unforgettable. The same as it had been those months ago.

Her hold on me tightened ever so slightly. When we finally pulled away, a trail of saliva in our wake, I could see the sadness held in her eyes.

Neither of us spoke up. Neither of us could think of something to say. It wasn't long at all before we both stood up. Without another word, we had both gone our separate ways.

*               *               *

I don't recall much of what had happened for the rest of that weekend, but I imagine having stayed shut up in my room the whole time.

At this point, I was fully convinced that things would only get worse.

When Monday finally came around, it wasn't until the last minute when I got to class. I had neglected to bring my notebook on purpose for some reason. It wasn't until now that I regretted it.

"Depressed much?" Came Raven's voice once everyone started their work. I didn't bother lifting my head up to respond to or acknowledge her.

With everything going on, she and Faron were the last people I wanted to see. It didn't help that I had one or another for each class save for one.

When Raven was sure I wasn't gonna respond to her retort, I felt her poke my arm. "Kid..." I hadn't listened to rest of what she had said. Nor did I want to.

And for the most part, that's how the following three days had gone. Now, what changed on Friday?

I simply never went to school. With my bedroom door locked, I stayed in my bed the entire day. I didn't want to face anyone. I don't deserve to go through so much pain.

Even despite saying this, it didn't change the fact that there was a deep mark on my wrist, the bedsheets stained red. Why that hadn't put an end to this, I do not know, but I hated it. I hated everything.

I don't want anymore of this life.

———————————————

[Claire]

"Look, I know you're worried, but we don't even know the girl."

I sighed at that, explaining for the nth time my opinions. I leaned back in my chair, making it hold on its back two legs. "Raven doesn't know it, but if things keep going the way they are..." I let my voice trail, looking down at the table of our private school club room.

Faron, who sat to the right of me, shook her head. "Whether we do anything or not, that kid is gonna end up taking it upon herself." I sighed again. That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid.

"While you have a good point," the girl sitting directly across from me spoke up. "You should also consider that we've been through this entire ordeal before," she added, glaring at me with dark blue eyes.

"I speak for all of us when I say, 'We have no reason to do anything for whatever Raven claims," Faron says.

I sighed in frustration at this, resting my head in my hands. We weren't getting anywhere with any of this. "Raven is starting to care for Sumiko. If she kills herself..." I couldn't help but pause, not wanting to finish the statement. "If she does... so will Rae."

There was silence after I had said this. The unsettling kind that gave the room a dark atmosphere. They all haven't been able to talk to Raven for months, but we all still care about her.

"Raven has been through so much." I tell them. "She's also helped us countless times, y'know. And don't forget, you ask were the same ones who wanted to meet the girl." I say, shaking my head as I stood up from my chair. "Whatever it takes... all I ask...."

—–—————————————–——

They say "all's well that ends well", but is there really an ending that fits as such?