﹙ 𝐱𝐢𝐢 ﹚ a break-in spooks all

Start from the beginning

     "Go on then – spit it out." I encouraged.

     "It's Sirius. H-he's-" the boy tried again, barely being able to form words as we sat and waited on his stumbling sentences. "Oh, just come quick!"

     I glanced over at Ava and Spencer, who both furrowed their brows and shrugged their shoulders. Without a word, I stood up, and my brother lead me out of the hall.

     The corridors were silent. I didn't see the point of asking Will for any more details, seen as I assumed wherever he was taking me, someone there would give me a quicker response.

     We arrived at what I assumed were the stairs leading to the Gryffindor common room. A large crowd, made up of all four houses, stood eagerly outside, along with a concerned headmaster and caretaker.

     "Secure the castle, Mr. Filch. The rest of you, to the Great Hall." Dumbledore announced, turning to face the crowd.

     "Will, what's going on?" I turned to face the boy, after a few stares that came my way. Spencer and Ava joined us not seconds later.

     The boy shook his head – his body movements laced with fear.

     Before Will could attempt another go at giving me an explanation, the Headmaster came right up to us, descending down the stairs, with intentions of doing it for him.

     "Miss and Mr y/l/n. Please come with me," he said, rather calmly for the atmosphere of the staircase.

     I glanced at my brother, then returned to the old man, "Professor? What exactly is going on?"

     "I'm afraid that will have to wait until we are secured in my office. Please follow me."

     With a sigh of frustration out of still being unaware of the current topic of severity, Will and I followed the Professor out of the stairway, towards his office.

     "I'm sorry, but what is this about?" I queried, whilst the three of us made it to his office, of which several professors were already waiting.

     "Sirius Black is in the castle, Miss y/l/n," the Potions Professor said rather bluntly like the statement had no effect on him whatsoever.

     "Come again?" my mouth had fallen agape a little, and my heart had picked up its pace.

     "We're not jumping to any conclusions, Miss y/l/n, and we would just like to ask if you have any knowledge- "

     "Professor, I swear, we don't know anything." I pleaded, interrupting the Headmaster as Will and I took a seat opposite him.

     "I'm sure you know more than you want to," Dumbledore said, a look of pity that wrenched my stomach.

     "Please professor. We can't get involved with the ministry! W-we're just kids! I haven't seen my uncle in twelve years! Please," my tempo slowed down, and I took a breath, "I don't know where he is or what he wants."

     "I'm well aware this has come as a shock, but you've got to understand Miss y/l/n, the two of you are direct relatives of the current most wanted dark wizard." Professor Dumbledore's voice was laced with sympathy, that I didn't want, or need. "We'll give you a moment to collect yourselves, but when you are ready, we simply want you to tell us what you know."

     "I don't need a moment sir!" I said, rather worked up. "Will has never met the man and I . . .," I trailed off. Will was sat, stock still and too nervous, I imagined to even utter a word.

     "Yes, Miss y/l/n?" Snape intervened, taking a step closer, his hands folded and hanging low in front of him.

     "I ... don't remember him." I finished, fiddling with the ring on my middle finger.