7: comfortable.

It was Labor Day, and the Boyce household was busy prepping food, setting up the festivities outside, and tidying up their house before their guests arrived. 90's R&B music was playing from the TV with the sweet smell of the honey garlic marinade Victor was making for the ribs in the air, mixed with the smell of lysol and floral febreze.

Ada walked out of Cameron's room, holding the side of the new blue romper that Libby bought for her together. She peeked into the bathroom at Maya, who was putting her hair into a bun. Maya looked at her as she put a bobby pin into her hair.

"You need help?" Maya asked, walking over to Ada as she nodded. "I wish this had a zipper, I almost dislocated my shoulder trying to button mine!" She buttoned the side of Ada's romper that was identical her own, except hers was green instead of blue. Maya thought both colors of the romper were cute when she saw them while shopping at Target for something to wear for the family get-together, and decided it would be cute if she and Ada wore matching outfits, so she bought both.

"There you go," Maya said after she buttoned the romper. "Do you want a bobby pin for your bun? I think you missed some hair in the back," she said, grabbing two bobby pins. Ada nodded and took them, pushing the hair that didn't make it into her bun up. She had to use the second one to secure it, since her hair was still pretty silky from getting her hair pressed and it kept slipping down.

"Oh! Look at you guys! Oh my goodness, you guys look so cute! Let me get a picture!" Libby exclaimed as stood in the doorway of the bathroom. She backed up a bit as the two girls came out of the bathroom and stood as she held her phone up as she gushed over the two girls.

Maya grabbed Ada's hand, posing with a big smile as Ada shyly smiled a closed mouth smile. Libby snapped a couple of pictures.

"Aw, you guys look adorable. That's cute," Victor commented as he watched from the kitchen as he prepped the meat. Cameron came out of the living room from hearing his parents' compliments, as well as to return the broom back into the closet after having just swept. He smiled when he saw his sister and Ada in their matching outfits as he walked behind them to the cleaning/linen closet.

"Okay, I know I just put this on, but I need to change my bathing suit. This top is hurting my neck," Maya said as she went to her room to change again.

"I think Kamlyn and them are outside!" Victor said, looking through the kitchen window, seeing his sisters' truck pull into the yard. "I think they brought mom and pops with them."

Ada took a deep, quiet breath. She was told that there would be a lot of people in the house today, so she tried to put on a bit of a brave face. She didn't know how well she would cope with parties or get-togethers, only having ever been to about two in her lifetime, and that was when she was a child. She nervously walked to the kitchen island, knowing that new people would be walking through the door at any minute.

Everyone in the kitchen watched as the doorknob jiggled a bit, as if the person on the other side couldn't open the door. Libby chuckled a bit as she opened it, a small child stumbling in.

"Hi! Hi! We here!" the toddler yelled as she walked in. Libby immediately picked her up, squeezing her. An elderly couple walked in, followed by another woman. A slew of 'Hey! Hi! How are you?'s' began to swamp the kitchen as the family all hugged each other.

"Cam! Look at you! Look at this facial hair!" the woman said as Cameron hugged her.

"Doesn't he look stupid? Hey, aunty!" Maya remarked as she was coming out of her room, opening her arms, embracing the woman.

"Shut up- oh, hey Nana!" Cameron said, hugging the elderly woman. "Here, I can take that for you, hey Pops!" he said, taking a pan of food from the woman's hands before giving a small hug to the elderly man.