31| Kids

Chapter 31: Kids (Bella's POV)

I ran my fingers through my hair ruffling out the waves that I worked very hard on with a straightener. I thought curling your hair with a flat iron is supposed to be easier than using a curling iron but it's really not. I looked down at my red dress and sprayed perfume on myself. 

I was sitting and tying the laces to my shoes, yes, I'm wearing shoes with a sundress. While I was pulling my socks on, my bedroom door opened. "Hi," I grinned, looking at him. 

"Hi," he smiled, walking over to me. "How are you?" he asked, sitting beside me. 

"Good, you?" I laughed. 

"Good, thank you," he nodded, staring at me. 

"What?" I giggled, throwing my hair over my shoulder. 

"You look fucking beautiful," he chuckled, giving me a small shrug. 

"I am really scared to meet your parents, you should know that. If you kiss me, I'll forget all the points I've built in my head to impress them," I said while pulling my shoes on. 

He grabbed my legs and turned me to face him, pulling my legs in his lap and tying my laces for me. "I thought I told you not to try impressing them, you'll do it anyway," he said, looking at me rather than the laces. 

"You didn't have to impress my dad, you already did that way before, right? But remember how you bought flowers for my mom and even baked with us? Yeah, that's called impressing someone," I said sarcastically. 

"Your mouth is running," he chuckled, "Why are you so nervous? You'll be fine, Bella. You'll be great. My parents aren't as liberal or carefree or laid back as yours, but they're not that bad. You'll get along with them just fine," he explained. 

"How do you know that?" I asked. 

"Because you get along with me. It's harder to get along with me than it is with them. If you can be with me, you can survive the night," he shrugged, setting my feet back on the floor. 

"What if they hate me?" I whined, lying back. 

"They will not," he huffed, "Bella Miller, believe me when I tell you, no one can hate you," he said, lying down beside me, tucking my hair behind my ear. 

"I thought you did for the longest time but all right," I mumbled. 

"Sorry to disappoint, I've never hated you," he shrugged, "Just your school." 

"Don't you worry, I hated it too," I scoffed. I turned to look at him and found him staring at me already. "We should head out," I said, sitting up slowly. 

"I could lay here with you forever," he said while sitting up. 

"Forever can start after this dinner," I chuckled, standing up. He stared at me and sighed before pulling himself up. 

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

The door opened and revealed who I'm assuming is his mom. She wore a welcoming smile as she stepped aside and let us in. "You must be Bella," she smiled, pulling me into a hug. "It's lovely to finally meet you, awe, she's beautiful, Noah," she gushed. 

"Thank you," I chuckled, probably blushing. 

"Come on in, come on in, I've got dinner all set up for us," she said, sounding very excited while leading us inside. 

"She's been dying to meet you, if you couldn't tell," Noah said, bumping his shoulder with mine as we walked. 

"I already love her, if you couldn't tell," I retorted, smiling at the way his mom adorably bounced around the kitchen, setting up the plates.