"I got you back, you're angry and upset."

"I am very angry and upset. Now come on."

After diving under a fallen tree and going back on the land, Ellie starts to guess her surprise again. "Is it my 6th grade history teacher wanting to apologise for being a massive dick?"

"I beg your pardon?" Joel asks, shocked.

"My friend and I would argue whenever he called the Fireflies terrorists. We got a lot of detention."

"Kid, you gotta stop letting people rile you up." (Y/N) says and Ellie frowns. "It's hard when they're dicks."

"Point still stands." Joel says.

They dive once more and emerging, Ellie swims after the pair, trying to keep up. "Is it a new pair of sneakers?"

"How many of those do you have?" Joel questions.

"Not enough."

He climbs out, turning to help his two girls when Ellie sighs, shaking the water off. "Fuck it. I'm done guessing." She helps (Y/N) up, who rolls her eyes. "Oh, good."

"But like, is it a massive comic book collection, no, wait, a new DVD collection?"

Joel lets out an elongated sigh, taking his lover's hand again as she smiles. "Yes."

"Wait, which one."

"Just yes."

"How about laserdiscs. I heard that's a thing."

Out in the opening, stood a moss covered statue of a dinosaur and Ellie can't help but contain her excitement. "Holy shit, guys. Oh my god, it is a dinosaur!"

She begins drawing in her journal, following the adults around to where they stand outside a sign. "Wyoming Museum of Science and History."

"How did you guys find this place?" Ellie asks, still in awe.

"Maria. She told (Y/N) about it and we figured it would be right up your alley." Joel answers.

"Figured right." Ellie picks up a book perched against one of the signs and her eyebrows crease. "What's this?"

(Y/N) looks, confused, to Joel. "Uh, it's a book."

"It's a dinosaur book!"

"Okay?" 

"All right." Ellie sighs, taking it with her as she goes inside.

Joel looks to (Y/N), who shrugs and he chuckles. "All right then." He mutters, taking his girlfriend's hand once more.

The family make their way through the museum, making various gestures and comments to each other as they explore the different pieces of history left behind.

Ellie rushes over to a cowboy hat hung on a stand. "You wanna try it on?" She questions Joel.

"I do not."

She motions to (Y/N), who has her hands on her hips. "Fine." She sighs, bending down slightly and Ellie pushes the hat on her ponytail, grinning as the older woman straightens up with it.

Joel whistles. "Now who's the cowboy."

"Cowgirl, baby." (Y/N) does pretend finger guns and he laughs, shaking his head at her behaviour.

"Whoa, look at those talons." Ellie mutters, already interested in the next thing.

"That is a velociraptor." Joel states.

"Actually, it's a dee... dee-oh-nin-y-chus." Ellie pronounces.

"Pretty sure these are velociraptors. Yeah." Joel reassures himself, confident to what he was saying. "I mean at least that's what they called them in this movie I saw."