SIX

FALLING IN LOVE

WASN'T PART OF MY PLAN

🌲💙

DECEMBER 24th

christmas eve. usually, daniel would be helping his mom prepare for the party he had with his family every year. he and his siblings would help cook, shovel snow, and set out presents around the tree. instead he was drinking some watered down hot chocolate in the lobby of a hotel with his bandmate. it was a pretty drastic change, but he was thankful it was corbyn he was stuck with.

"i feel bad. i know she was really trying," corbyn sighed, wincing at the flavor in his mouth, "it just tastes like chocolate tinted water," he whispered over to daniel. he gave devyn a small wave from across the room along with a thumbs up to thank her for the beverage even though he was unsure if he could drink any more of it.

"this just makes me hate chocolate even more than i already do," daniel cringed, setting the warm mug on the floor. they sat on a christmas themed rug that was in front of the fireplace. both of them were pretty chilly as it was only the early morning so they decided the best place to warm up was by the fire.

soon the lobby was filled with the chatter of high pitched voices and the pitter patter of little feet. three children came running towards the breakfast table that was set out by devyn's mother who owned the building. she had cooked up some waffles, bacon, eggs, and left out some muffins for everyone to enjoy.

"look at the little one," corbyn coo'd pointing over to a small boy. he must've been no older than two. he had blond hair, rosy cheeks, and big blue eyes that lit up as he ran around in his tiny joggers and plump hoodie. corbyn leaned his head on daniel's shoulder, still in awe over the adorable children.

"their cute," daniel hummed. he himself had always been a family person. he knew when he grew older and wanted at least four children just like his own family. he watched as who he assumed was the mother to the children, pick up the little boy and bring him to sit on one of the couches with his siblings who seemed to be around the age of five or six. "you want kids when your older?" daniel asked the brunet who was rested against him.

"is that even a question?" corbyn chuckled. he pulled out his phone and went straight to his notes app where he had a long list of baby names. "my personal favorites are ariana, asher, and oh my god colton! i also like courtney, layla, bryce, kenzie, colby, liam, please stop me," he begged.

daniel laughed, "i think you'll be a great father," he rubbed corbyn's back, "also colton and asher are my favorites from your list," he added. corbyn giggled before shutting down his phone and sticking it in the pocket of his sweatpants.

"i really miss home today," corbyn sighed, "i mean, the ugly decorations we put up around our room are nice and all, but it doesn't feel the same."

"yeah," daniel agreed, "but i think i know how to make this day better."

☤ ☤ ☤