15| Electric love

And every night my mind is running around her
Thunder's getting louder and louder and louder
Baby, you're like lightning in a bottle
I can't let you go now that I got it
All I need is to be struck
By your electric love

Harry

"Are you going through a middle-age crisis? Is that why you are going out every night?" Addison crosses her arms over her chest when I inform her I am going out again tonight. 

Well, the last time I went out was on Sunday and it is already Wednesday again, it's not like I am going out every night as Addison is telling me I do.

I thought I was going to be able to hide this secret for a while more, but having Addison breathe down my neck every time I have to leave for the pub is turning to be more difficult than I have thought.

"Are you cheating on me?" I snap my head around to face her, seeing her with a very angry expression, moving her hands to her waist, something she always does when she is mad at me.

"No, why would you even say that?" I ask offended.

"It wouldn't be the first time." She remarks bitterly as I roll my eyes at her statement.

"I thought that we had agreed to forget about that, almost nine years have passed." I know what I did at the beginning of our marriage was not pretty, and Addison didn't even have to forgive me, I wouldn't forgive myself in her situation.

 But that was in the past, and I have been a faithful husband since then, so she doesn't have anything to hold against me on this.

"You rarely went out in the past and now you leave every night, why?" I know Addison will not give up until I tell her the truth, or at least a plausible excuse for my constant absence in nights like this.

I hoped I could hide this for a while longer, mostly because she is going to crush my dreams as soon as she realizes what I am doing. But if I want to keep going I have to tell her since I will be going out to play a few times a week.

Well, here it goes.

"I started singing and playing guitar again." I let out speaking very fast, something I always do when I am nervous.

Addison stops for a few seconds, completely frozen in her place unable to say a word. She is a jealous woman, I'm sure she was expecting me to tell her how I was sleeping with another woman behind her back. The truth is a different one, but one she won't like very much as well.

"What?" It is all she says shaking her head. "How?"

"I went to this pub with Jace the other night where I sang a song for fun and the owner liked me and asked me to play more often." I shrug mostly telling her the truth, making sure to keep Olivia out of the picture.

"And you said yes?" Addison rolls her eyes already knowing what my answer is.

"Yes, and I'm loving it."

Don't let Addison ruin your dream this time, you deserve to do this if it makes you happy.

As much as I repeat these words to myself I know I won't be able to carry on doing this if it causes a friction in our relationship. Not that I think it should be an issue to begin with, I am simply doing something that makes me happy, and Addison should be glad about that. I'm not wasting my money on betting games, or alcohol as most people do.

I'm just singing, my second favourite thing in the world. 

"Why did you make that decision without telling me?" Addison sounds very angry, and by the flushed look on her cheeks she really is. "We have had this conversation before Harry, singing won't pay our bills." She runs her hands through her hair visibly frustrated at me.