Chapter 12: Order To Kill

En başından başla

It's so quiet.

… too quiet.

Silently, Blue got up from her bed, making her way towards the door and closing it behind her.

There was no blood in the hallway.

So far, so good.

Maybe he's asleep. Maybe he's given up.

… But something told her that Green wasn't the type to give up so easily.

Blue tiptoed through the hallways, making her way to Navigation, and seeing a total of zero bodies and zero blood splatters along the way.

That fact unsettled her more than it reassured her.

And, once she turned the corner into the Navigation room, she saw that Green was there.

He was sitting on a chair calmly, as if nothing was going on.

After a long moment, she decided to start off the conversation, since he evidently wasn't going to.

"So," Blue started, "where did those soap opera skills come from, exactly?"

Green turned to her, raising his eyebrow. "You're not here to talk about that, are you?"

No witty remark? No snarky comment?

… This cannot be good. Not in the slightest.

After she didn't answer, he sighed. "You've heard the news, correct?"

"Yes," Blue said cautiously, "yes, I have."

"So you know that we have a problem."

"What problem?"

And who said anything about WE?

"A big, honking problem. The one where we don't have as much time to finish the assignment, and as a result, will suffer the consequences."

... consequences?

Blue's mind flashed back to when Green had once said, "there is a lot more at stake here than you know."

He's doing this for a reason. But what reason? 

Her mind whirled, trying to figure out a plan of action, what was going on, and why Green was supposed to kill them all.

I… I'm so confused.

Green stared at her as she tried to think. "I'm just going to say this - this isn't the only ship with an imposter right now."

There are OTHERS??

Green smiled, clearly enjoying her disbelief and confusion.

"And, after the change of plans, I had a thought. Since you've evidently been trying to work against me for a while… you are going to finish the assignment."

Blue stood there in shock. "Th-That was never part of the deal!"

"Well, neither was working against me. You should have thought of that before you stopped me from killing Pink. Anyway, you know what happens if you don't do it."

Her heart skipped a beat, and her blood ran cold. Talon.

Using his foot, Green gently turned the other navigator chair around to reveal a sleeping Talon, curled up with his head on the armrest.

No.

Green took out a gun and rested it on his thigh. "So, what's it gonna be, Blue? Everyone else, or him?"