"Were you sleeping all this time?" She mocked before reaching out and messing up his hair even further.

Was he painting? Grace wondered.

"Maybe?" He asked instead of answering before leaning closer towards Grace and planting a soft kiss on her cheek. "I wasn't." He didn't really tell her what he was doing either, and Grace decided that she wouldn't push it.

"All right then, come on in."

Once they made it back inside, Alice still seemed unsure of the movie selection, while Jack seemed pretty relaxed in between the DVD stacks all around him.

"Did I miss the movie?" Lucius asked from behind her.

"Halfway through it," Grace spoke up sarcastically. "You missed all the good scenes."

Frost barked before jumping out of Lucius's hands and running off to Jack.

"You didn't actually," Alice announced before holding up a DVD. "We found the movie."

"We're watching Harry Potter." Jack looked up at them just as Grace flopped down on the couch.

Lucius joined beside her and grinned at Jack. "A classic."

Grace couldn't help but look at them in disbelief. "You guys spent hours finding a movie just to stick with Harry Potter?"

Dragging a hand through his curls, Lucius leaned his head back against the couch and looked up at the ceiling. He felt tired at most, but there was still an exciting feeling buzzing somewhere inside him.

Ever since he picked up those paints again. It just felt good.

"Come on, Grace. We all know about your tiny crush on Malfoy." Alice threw a smirk before inserting the DVD.

"What?" Grace said, seeming confused. "No way."

"I mean, who didn't?" Alice rolled her eyes. "My younger self thought that he was just too hot."

Frost nudged Jack's leg with his small black nose and Jack softly stroked him behind the ears, a faint smile forming on his lips. He did kind of remember hearing Grace say something the same along the lines of what Alice had just said, but he didn't say it out loud. Grace already seemed a bit horrified.

Lucius chuckled lightly when Grace responded with a slight grumble under her breath, "Whatever, Alice."

Soon enough, the movie started and everyone fell into silence. Frost too curled up against Jack's side and stopped doing his usual energetic antics. Everything was quiet and peaceful, and it felt like home.

When they were all indulged in the middle of the movie, Lucius wrapped his arm around Grace's shoulders and pulled her closer. Grace responded with completely leaning against him.

"How was your day?" He asked her in a soft murmur.

Grace took her time to answer that question. The movie was still playing in front of her, yet she still couldn't pay attention to it. She found herself enjoying Lucius's presence beside her.

"It was good." She whispered, loud enough for him to make it out. Taking his other hand that wasn't wrapped around her shoulders, she intertwined her fingers with his. "I'm glad the exams are over, though. I don't think I did much good but I'll pass."

He hummed in response, letting her know that he was indeed listening. He liked listening to her; he could actually listen to her talk for hours.

"I love you." He whispered quietly, his lips hovering above her ear. And to further emphasize his words, he placed a soft long kiss at the side of her head.