Chapter three

"Juke Jam" Chance the Rapper ft. J. Bieber

I needed to get a new job.

Don't get me wrong, I love working for Curtis. Not only was he an awesome boss, but a great friend as well. Unfortunately, the commute from my house to the bus stop and from the bus stop to Curtis' was a hassle. It was almost a two hour wait and a half an hour bus ride. Also, I needed something closer to my school, I could really use those extra hours to study and do my homework.

I sat on my couch in the living room skimming through the "wanted" job list on the internet. I applied to as much of them as I could.

I didn't really have any skills other than being fluent in English, Spanish, and Russian but those weren't really skills. I was really good at dealing with numbers because of the accounting course I took in high school and my natural skills in math.

Even the big corporates were going to get my resume, just for the fun of it. I know they won't call me, but once I started applying no one could stop me.

I sat my laptop down on my coffee table, why was job searching such a hassle?

Just hire me I'll clean your bathrooms.

I let out an exaggerated groan as I glance at all the books I had scattered on my coffee table that I had to study. I didn't have school today or work but that didn't mean I could fool around and ignore my duty as a future nurse. I have made up my decision, I will get my bachelors degree as a registered nurse.

Nurse Amethyst, has a nice ring to it.

I needed to start studying and make some diner or order take out. Those were the only perks of Saturdays, studying and eating 'til I feel bad for myself.

***

39. Define Lipoma

A tumor of fat

40. Finger print

Dactylogram

That was the last question, I finally finished my homework. I did procrastinate the whole day yesterday, but tomorrow was Monday and my homework was due. Now I needed to clean the house so I could finish watching Netflix.

I washed and dried the last plate and stacked it on top of the other plates in my cabinet. I was also done with cleaning my whole house.

My phone begun to buzz on the counter next to me, I peaked over my shoulder as I was drying my hands to look at the caller ID. An unknown number flashed on the screen with an area code similar to my phone number.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hello, is this Amethyst Evrgreen?" spoke a feminine voice.

"Yes, may I ask who is speaking?"

"This is Celestial from McCann Inc. I'm calling to inform you that after further examination, it seems your application is the most competent for the position as personal assistant to the manager at accounting. Are you available to come into work Monday morning?"

My eyes nearly popped out of my socket, "holy shit" I whispered to myself.

"I'm sorry, can you repeat that again?"

I forgot she was still on the phone "uh sorry, is it all right if I go in Tuesday? I need to get ready to uhh.."

I didn't know what else to say because in all honesty I didn't know I would get hired so fast. More importantly, I would never in a million years even dream or think about getting hired in a very prestige working environment.

"We really needed you to start by tomorrow, but I don't think it will be a problem. You were chosen by the head chief himself, I don't think he'll mind. You will start Tuesday at 7 a.m. sharp."

Head chief himself? What the hell does that mean? I shrugged it off "Thank you so much. I will be there at 7 a.m."

She gave me further details on how to get there and what to do when I arrive. We said our goodbyes and I hung up.

I had to sit down on my couch to process what had just happened. Why would a prominent company hire my beginner level accounting skills? I am really good with numbers and solving equations, but I've never had a job revolved around accounting or solving mathematical equations.

At the end I shrugged it off and finished watching Sherlock Holmes on Netflix until I felt my body getting more tired and I carried myself to my bed.

***

Sorry it's so short, I've been super busy! Let me know if you want a Justin point of view!!

xoxo

Edited 1/3/17